Your Mission at BMG.
You will be responsible for the detection and recovery of missing AV income streams, ensuring that income due to BMG’s AV clients for use of their songs in film or TV gets paid timely and accurately.
What you should know about us.
- BMG is a new kind of digital age music company formed twelve years ago with a relentless focus on delivering fairness, transparency and service to artists and songwriters
- Uniquely for its size, BMG represents both songs and recording rights on the same state-of-the-art platform worldwide
- It is already the world’s fourth biggest player in music publishing and recordings
- Our ambitions are not satisfied yet!
What You’ll Be Doing.
- Review and analyse AV income streams for trend analysis and forecasting
- Carry out data analysis and tracking of AV royalties
- Provide detailed analysis of income received from societies, 3rd party income providers, identifying and resolving any potential issues
- Provide reports on analysis and tracking activities
- Monitor broadcast, cinema and online video streaming releases to enable the analysis of income received for AV clients
- Track incoming payment of claims and following up on unpaid claims
- Assist in identifying and implementing the expansion of existing AV analysis and tracking activities and process improvements
- Support the development of AV Tracking tools
- Provide support to ad-hoc analysis tasks
- Work closely with BMG’s Income Tracking teams across all territories
- Communicate frequently with other AV teams to work on best practices
- Build upon relationships already established with Production Music to provide support to that area of the business
- Work with the Sync department to establish what licenses have gone through to make sure performance royalties flow via the societies
- Liaise with UK collection societies
- Work closely with other UK teams, such as Copyright, Royalties etc
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Music Publishing & 2 years in AV Publishing sector (either Income Tracking or Royalties)
- Good understanding of society collections and distributions
- Experience of working with AV data outside of the UK a plus
- Highly organised & detail orientated
- Self-starter that takes pride in and ensures work is of an excellent quality
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Power BI/SQL/BigQuery/Tableau experience would be beneficial but not essential
- Passion for music, of course!
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Free subscription to headspace, the award winning meditation & sleep app
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.