We are a growing international music company that offers a friendly and collaborative working environment with great benefits and a leadership team who values every employee.
Our mission is to be a better kind of music business. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximise the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our artists receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or record label – although we offer both services.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
We are a division of the Bertelsmann Group which includes Penguin Random House, RTL Group and Arvato.
We are looking for a Senior Income Tracking & Analytics Manager to join the Income Tracking, Royalty & Audit (Publishing) team based in our Paddington office.
Our Royalties team ensures that BMG’s clients are paid and receive their royalty statements and as such it is one of our most business critical departments. Accounting to around 16,000 publishing clients, the team ensures the correct matching of millions of income lines per year on statements collected (from PROs, collections societies, licensees, and distributors) with titles of songs and records held in the system. Royalties requires a combination of incredible processing power and human intelligence to match these up.
- Review and analyse income streams
- Use multiple data sets to build databases for reporting
- Carry out data analysis of royalties
- Provide detailed analysis of income received from societies, 3rd party income providers, identifying and resolving any potential issues (where relevant)
- Assist in identifying and implementing the expansion of existing analysis and tracking activities and process improvements
- Build tools to support analysis of income, trends and industry factors to help drive the focus of the department and seek out new data streams to maximise efficiency and income tracking potential
- Provide in depth reporting function for Senior management
- Provide support to ad-hoc analysis/reporting tasks within the business
- Work closely with BMG’s Income Tracking teams across all international territories
- Work closely with other UK teams, such as Copyright, Royalties, A&R, Investments, etc.
- Manage relationships with external third parties
- Experience in royalty & income tracking
- Developed understanding of music publishing
- Enjoy working with large data sets
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication with stakeholders from all levels
- An understanding of SQL, Python and Access would be advantageous
- A love of music!
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas and New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment
How to apply
If you are passionate about music and want to join the world’s fastest growing music company click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
We look forward to hearing from you!