Founded in 2008, BMG has become the fourth-largest music publisher worldwide. Our success and competitive edge are rooted in our founding values of fairness, transparency, and service. Our mission is clear: to empower artists and songwriters to maximize the potential of their songs and recordings in the digital era.
We are looking for a Senior Director (f/m/d) Streaming, CEU & International to join our Berlin office. This position is a maternity cover for 17 months.
- Lead, manage and develop the Streaming team and DSP relations for our recorded business across GSA, Italy, Spain, France, as well as our international markets.
- Be a key member of the Global Streaming team and help define and execute BMG’s Global Streaming strategy.
- Work on global campaign and release strategies with your peers across the globe.
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with all digital partners in the regions within your scope (Spotify, Apple, YouTube, Amazon, Deezer, etc.)
- Work closely with all our European offices (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Sweden), as well as with our Schlager Label Telamo.
- Further develop our DSP relationships and market strategies in the Africa, Eastern Europe and Asia regions.
- Provide managerial support to the Streaming team by directing guidance on initiatives and priorities.
- Analyse the Streaming performance of projects, markets or catalogues, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Build and develop strong working relationships with BMG’s distribution partners.
- Build and maintain service driven and collaborative relationships with internal teams: Executive Team, Frontline,
- Catalogue, International, Digital Marketing, Marketing Insights & Analytics, Creative, A&R and Operations.
- You have gained profound experience working in a similar position in music streaming.
- You bring a deep understanding of the digital recorded music business and the platforms we work with.
- You are proficient in MS Office.
- You are fluent in English and German. French, Spanish and/or Italian skills are a plus.
- You have a strategic mindset and the ability to switch to a hands-on mentally when required.
- You have experience in leading and developing teams, as well as partner relationships.
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator, with outstanding interpersonal and networking skills.
What We Offer
- A modern office in the heart of Berlin and flexible options for remote work.
- Numerous benefits such as a free BVG job ticket, an annual Headspace membership, a reduced-price membership for Urban Sports, discounts for Bertelsmann employees etc.
- Ongoing training opportunities on our internal platforms BMG Campus and Bertelsmann University.
- Long-term career opportunities for all employees.
- A collaborative work environment with an open, appreciative community of people who all share the same passion for working with artists and songwriters.
- Our unique corporate culture based on strong values and mutual support that make us a great team.
This Is Us
As the great Kurt Cobain once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees. We value diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity is deeply rooted in our core value of fairness, and we are committed to creating a truly inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive.
If you’re good at what you do, come as you are! Whether you’re an experienced professional or just starting out, we welcome you to join our team.
All applicants to BMG are treated equally – regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or parenthood, ethnic origin, color, nationality, religion, or belief.
(BMG is publishing Kurt Cobain’s catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are.’)
Unternehmen: BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT GmbH
Job ID: 262304
Date: 18 Jul 2023
Location: Berlin, BE, DE, 10117