Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
Sr Coordinator, Copyright Administration
With one of the fastest growing catalogues in the music publishing space, BMG’s copyright department is responsible for being the full service administrator for a wide span of writers and artists. From deal on-boarding, through song maintenance; from works monitoring, through licensing, the Copyright Team handles every aspect of the works they represent.
This is a proud team that devotes time and effort to their work, ensuring BMG’s music is handled with excitement and care every step of the way.
Your primary mission is issuance of U.S. and Canadian licenses for physical and digital releases containing compositions in BMG’s publishing catalog.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Ensuring successful and timely registration of BMG’s US Repertoire with worldwide Performing Right Organization (PROs) and other income sources.
- Conducting regular registration reviews of songs relating to new agreements, releases, chart activity, and other business priorities.
- Liaise with PRO’s and affiliates and sub-publishers to resolve issues and confirm successful registration.
- Investigate and resolve registration inquiries from other BMG departments and clients.
- Manually registering works on an ad-hoc basis where business priorities require.
- Complete and submit Copyright Registrations to the United States Copyright Office for all BMG-controlled compositions and recordings.
- Maintain and develop relationships with admin partners.
- You have previous music publishing experience at a music publisher or rights society
- Basic understanding of rights administration and current industry practices
- You have excellent attention to detail and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You are proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- You have strong time management skills and can juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
Plus, not a must: Bachelor’s Degree in Music Business or related field.
What’s In It For You
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Hyrbid working environment (3 days in office and 2 from home).
- Two weeks’ vacation in year one; three weeks’ vacation in year two
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and access to Linkedin Learning.
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one.
Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s fresh approach includes production music, films, books, artist management, merchandise, neighboring rights, and live as well as music publishing and recordings off the same service platform.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with. www.bmg.com
Country: United States of America
Postal Code: TN 37203