BMG is on the lookout for a Senior A&R Manager to join our Creative Publishing team and be responsible for managing, maintaining and updating the BMG UK roster whilst seeking out opportunities for new signings.
- Manage, maintain and update the roster of BMG UK Writers i.e. update them on projects, set up cowrites, pitch songs, provide feedback on songs, arrange writing trips and answer queries.
- Work closely with BMG sync team to find opportunities for writers.
- Pitch BMG songs worldwide to A&Rs/management.
- Liaise with BMG song plugging affiliates on briefs, songs and writers to work together to obtain cuts.
- Coordinate cowrites between BMG signed writers/artists and other co-writers.
- Discover and sign unpublished songwriters, artists and catalogues.
- Collaborate with Investments and LBA to create suitable offers.
- Work with other members of the Creative/A&R team to find opportunities for their writers and help junior members of the team.
- Send BMG songs to A&R Admin Manager for registration.
- Saving all new songs sent in to M:drive Writer folders.
- Provide Creative Apprentice with updates for holds/cuts list and ensure all pro-active cuts have the cover rate applied with copyright.
- Send released songs information to A&R Assistant and ensure the Sync department have the music and splits.
- Give Creative Intern up to date new briefs for ‘Watch List’.
- Work with Creative intern to arrange BMG writer collaborations.
- Support Creative admin with information for bi-weekly creative report.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience with a proven track record in Publishing or Recorded business.
- Strong existing network i.e: Managers, Lawyers, Songwriters, Producers etc.
- Good understanding of music publishing, copyright and contracts.
- Organised with excellent time management and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional people skills.
- Motivated and hungry to find and develop talent.
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines.
- A genuine love and passion for music.
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment
What you should know about us.
Founded in 2008, BMG is already the world’s fourth biggest music publisher and the first new global player in the recordings business in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 19 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 3m songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters attracted by its fresh approach which now includes production music, film and books as well as music publishing and recordings.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.