BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age.
That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
Your Work at BMG
If offered the position, you will be primarily responsible for compiling, analyzing, and providing royalty data to a diverse audience both internally (Finance, Investments, Legal and Business Affairs, Creative, and Royalty Services) and externally (writers/publishers including their representatives, Industry Groups, Outside Legal). The role is based in either Nashville or Los Angeles.
What You’ll Be Doing
Royalty Data Analysis
- Provide ad hoc royalty data analysis to support Investments, Legal and Business Affairs and Finance Departments
- Create variance reporting in preparation for royalty statement distribution
- Create dashboards in Tableau to address diverse business cases
- Extract data and perform adjustment impact assessment (Excel)
- Create and process adjustment statement files in the royalty system
Joint Venture Accounting
- Create JV statement summary and statement templates for new and existing agreements
- Complete JV statements and provide support to clients and internal stakeholders
Settlement and Blanket License Income Distribution
- Provide support and analysis for pro-rata distributions
- Research and summarize agreements is preparation for distributions
You are a problem solver who has the ability to prioritize competing requests. You understand and appreciate the need for confidentiality and discretion. Further, you have a strong solution orientation and are client-focused. You also have the ability to solicit and refine reporting requirements.
- The ability to read and interpret contracts and licenses
- Music industry financial terminology
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to effectively work with employees at all levels of the company
- Intermediate Outlook skills
- Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, v lookup, and power query
- Intermediate Royalty System knowledge (iMaestro, As/400)
- Tableau, Access, and SQL knowledge would also be helpful
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experience
What’s In It For You
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Two weeks’ vacation in year one; three weeks’ vacation in year two
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
We welcome applications from people who will contribute to the diversity of our company.