We are looking for a Senior Analyst (f/m/d) Digital Business Development to join our Berlin office. You bring a detail-orientated mid-set and passion for data, insights and research; personal strengths that allow you to face changing environments and to adapt to business requests.
Your Mission at BMG
In this role you will play a key part in delivering our global digital licensing strategy. Combining your analytical skills and industry knowledge, you will support our commercial partnership and negotiations across all recorded, publishing and non-traditional licensing partners. You will support the digital business development lead and the commercial licensing team with insights, KPIs and analyses by utilizing all type of internal and external data for quick, deep and self-initiated analyses and collate, interpret and present insights and opportunities.
These will be your primary tasks:
- Analyse digital services and platforms by utilizing usage, subscription and revenue data to support the decision making process.
- Self-initiate analyses and reporting processes; collate, interpret and present actionable insights, recommendations and opportunities.
- Build a comprehensive database to support quick and deep analysis of business development and commercial licensing opportunities.
- Analyse the performance of commercial licenses and provide KPI reporting.
- Forge strong relationships with key stakeholders in the business and be a valued contributor in the decision-making process.
- Monitor and identify key industry trends, relevant technology advancements and commercial performance.
- Gather global insights to further enhance understanding and implement data-driven business strategies.
- Keep up to date with shifts and developments in the digital media and streaming landscape across partners and territories.
- Help drive improvements and changes in the market through innovation, research and involvement in new projects.
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree in business, finance, data engineering or economics.
- You have relevant experience in drawing insights and formulating recommendations from data, data analysis and/or financial modelling. Having an approach in deal sourcing and research, consulting or investment banking is a plus.
- Knowledge about digital businesses, consumer trends, social media and the music industry is always welcome.
- Great interpersonal and communication competencies characterize you. Presenting and delivering information is easy for you to handle, as well as engaging key stakeholders to build upon the work projects.
- You are comfortable working independently, following self-driven lines of enquiry and managing multiple priorities.
- You have excellent MS Office skills, standing out for your advance knowledge of Excel.
- SQL, Google Big Query, Looker and Industry Bodies (e.g.: Luminate, GFK or OCC) are easy for you to handle.
- Your English skills are excellent (both spoken and written). German is a plus.
Now let’s see what’s in it for you
- The unique BMG culture, empowering and driven by strong values.
- A 21st century working environment, collaborative and flexible.
- Benefits like an office in the heart of Berlin, a BVG jobticket, a Headspace membership, Work from Home regulations and many more.
- A commitment to help team members develop long-term careers at BMG with in-house training and the renowned Bertelsmann University.
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for working for artists and songwriters.
What you should know about us
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann.
Come as you are
As the great Kurt Cobain once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.