We are seeking a motivated and experienced Sales Manager, who is able to stay organised and keep pace in a busy Catalogue Recordings Sales team.
The successful candidate will develop, manage and drive sales strategy in order to maximise sales revenues for both catalogue and frontline releases.
The ideal candidate must have experience in account management and be a strong communicator who is able to prioritise and manage a varied workload whilst working to strict deadlines. They must be able to display excellent attention to detail skills and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
This is a brand new role and will report into the UK Sales Director.
They will also be a highly committed team player, keen to be part of the world’s fastest growing music company, BMG.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all key retail partners.
- Build and develop strong working relationships with our distribution partners – for example, ADA, PIAS, Absolute.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with external sales teams
- Develop sales tools to communicate & present new release information and marketing updates.
- Manage campaigns including pitching titles, managing price drops and analysing results.
- Monitor and analyse sales performance and make appropriate recommendations
- Attend internal/external planning meetings.
- Help International Sales Department as and when required when on overseas trips.
- Establish a good working knowledge of the internal systems and procedures relating to sales and distribution.
- Manage and resolve shipping issues, credit issues, shortages, damaged stock, as required.
- Respond promptly to client/partner queries and requests.
- Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of competitor activity.
- Experience in account management and sales within the music industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office packages (Excel, Powerpoint, Word) with intermediate Excel skills
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise, manage a varied and full workload and work to strict deadlines
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Resilient, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Highly motivated with the ability to keep pace in a very busy office
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong interest in and passion for music
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age.
That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our artists receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
BMG The New Music Company
If you’re excited by this opportunity and can demonstrate the required skills and experience then please apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering email.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Closing Date: 5th January 2018
BMG is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.