You will be responsible for supporting to the Director – Royalty Services and Audits (Publishing) in all Neighbouring Rights aspects of managing the Royalty function.
- To have an overall understanding of beginning to end of the Royalty Functions
- Ensuring income is being collected, paid and processed accurately.
- Collating and managing incoming files from 3rd parties and saving in appropriate format for processing
- Linking artist contracts to ensure smooth output of revenue
- Ensuring client contractual royalty data is entered correctly.
- Analysing incoming source statements and reconciling outgoing client statements.
- Liaising with various teams with regards to suspense and calc error. Ensuring all income is mapped as it should be.
- Reconciling client accounts between Finance and the Royalty system at the end of each period.
- Dealing with client queries filtered from the client services team.
- To assist in the development of new royalty and associated systems
- Previous experience working in Royalties within the music industry
- Previous experience using Record Maestro royalty system and Vistex an advantage
- Knowledge of SAP and wider Finance functions a plus
- Strong Excel skills
- Highly organised and detail orientated
- Self starter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Strong capability to work across different territories and cultures
- Language skills a plus
- Interest in music, of course!
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment
Founded in 2008, BMG is already the world’s fourth biggest music publisher and the first new global player in the recordings business in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 19 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 3m songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters attracted by its fresh approach which now includes production music, film and books as well as music publishing and recordings.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.
Here at BMG we are committed to equal employment opportunity and so all applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
We are easily able to provide reasonable adjustments to ensure you are able to perform to your full potential, so if you would benefit from this during the application or interview process; please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of the request.
We are happy to discuss the possibility of reduced hours, remote working, flexible start and finish times, or compressed hours. We can’t always accommodate every request, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
It is really important to us that our staff are paid fairly and proportionately so as such we are proud to be an accredited London Living Wage employer.