Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
Sr. Director, Digital Business Development – Social Media & Gaming
As BMG’s Sr. Director of Digital Business Development, you will primarily focus on managing Social Media and Gaming accounts, fostering strategic partnerships with music streaming services, and driving business growth by leading all related business development initiatives across BMG’s recorded and publishing licensing.
You’ll be the internal and external representative for the managed platforms, acting as an expert on product features and monetization opportunities, and liaise internally with our global streaming team and senior digital management.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Act as primary point of contact for social media and online gaming platforms.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with platform representatives, prepare and participate in contract negotiations with digital platforms, ensuring favorable terms and conditions that align with our business objectives, and work closely with legal and finance teams to review and finalize agreements.
- Drive revenue growth by leveraging the managed accounts and optimizing their respective monetization strategies.
- Analyze market trends, consumer behavior, and competitor activities to identify areas for revenue maximization and propose effective strategies accordingly.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities within the managed platforms and the wider digital music sector.
- Proactively seek out potential partners, platforms, and distribution channels to expand our market reach and revenue streams.
- Utilize data analytics and reporting tools to track performance metrics, monitor account health, and identify growth opportunities.
- Define and setup KPI’s with Data Analytics, generate regular reports on account performance, market trends, and competitors.
- Develop and execute strategies to establish strategic partnerships with the managed platforms, streaming services, and other industry stakeholders across our publishing and recorded business.
- Collaborate closely with channel management and digital management teams to ensure alignment of goals and successful implementation of partnership initiatives.
- Ability to drive mutually beneficial agreements while ensuring the best interests of the company are upheld.
- The ability to be self-motivated and driven to achieve measurable results, along with the capacity to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including strong presentation and influencing abilities to effectively communicate complex concepts and proposals to internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in collaborating cross-functionally with internal teams, including legal, finance, marketing, and artist relations, to ensure the successful execution of partnership initiatives.
- Experience in business development or key account management roles within the music, technology, or content industry, preferably focusing on digital platforms and streaming services
- Understanding of the digital music landscape, including streaming platforms, digital distribution, licensing, and revenue models for social media, AR/VR, gaming, and ad-supported media.
- Familiarity with current trends and challenges in the music industry and a profound understanding of the complexity and scope of the digital recorded and publishing music business.
- A proven track record in managing key accounts and building strong relationships with digital platforms, streaming services, and industry partners.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, identify market opportunities, and develop effective business development strategies. Strong analytical skills to assess data, market trends, and consumer behavior
- Skill in negotiation and contract management with the ability to drive mutually beneficial agreements while ensuring the best interests of the company are upheld.
What’s In It For You?
- Enjoy flexibility with our hybrid setup: 3 days in office, 2 days remote
- Experience peace of mind knowing that our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage has got you covered
- Maximize your savings with our dollar-for-dollar 401(k) match of up to 6% after your first year
- Say goodbye to accruing vacation days or hitting a cap; take time off when you need it with our flexible time off policy
- Save money and time with our commuter benefits program
- Stay healthy and earn financial rewards with our fitness reimbursement program and wellness incentives
- Find your inner peace and boost your mental wellbeing with a complimentary subscription to the popular meditation app, Headspace
- Access well-being support 24/7 through our Employee Assistance Program
- Kick off your weekends early with Summer Fridays
- Unlock your potential with development opportunities, including mentorship programs and LinkedIn Learning
- Be inspired by our talented artists at our showcases and playbacks
$90,000 – 110,000 per annum
The pay range listed above is dependent upon factors such as work experience, qualifications and business needs. In addition to the range above, this role is eligible for a discretionary annual bonus and applicable benefits
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
We are an E-Verify employer. For more information, please click on the following links.
BMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s fresh approach includes production music, films, books, artist management, merchandise, neighboring rights, and live as well as music publishing and recordings off the same service platform. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.
Company: BMG Rights Management (US) LLC
Country: United States of America
City: Los Angeles
Postal Code: 90036
Job ID: 265641