We are looking for a Revenue Assurance Analyst to join the Royalty, Income Tracking, Analytics and Audit team at BMG UK, which is a lynchpin of BMGs mission to offer fair and transparent service to our portfolio of artists.
This role has a direct impact on our artists & songwriters through maximising revenue from all revenue streams. The role will liaise with all areas of our business and work closely with our internal Finance, Royalty & Analytics teams. The music industry in 2022 is underpinned by an enormous data crunching operation. We have to ensure that we have collected and analysed all income received, resulting in keeping BMG at the vanguard of the industry.
YOUR MISSION AT BMG.
In this newly created role, you will have the opportunity to define your own destiny. You will be responsible for the forensic analysis of all income streams received, marrying this against the forecasts and expectations of our investments team. Proactively instigating back-claims, adjustments and any supplemental payments where required. You will support all tracking activities for our UK and foreign revenue sources.
- Lead all income tracking efforts for UK revenue Streams
- Work with a solution focused attitudes to business challenges, using your technical knowledge to automate and streamline processes
- Help evolve and automate our income tracking to the next level.
- You will monitor deal level expectations and provide income confirmations to the Finance & Royalty teams.
- Liaise with 3rd parties to ensure income flows are in line with expectations & resolve any discrepancies
- You will work closely with the Royalty, Copyright & investments teams to both resolve and proactively prevent against problems arising with the collection of income
- Monitor and analyse all cash receipts
- An experienced forensic analyst who has a proven track record of identifying gaps and reasoning why
- You have advanced Excel capabilities including Power Pivot & advanced formulae
- Skills to analyse, extract & manipulate data from high volume datafiles
- Experience in setting up internal analysis/forecasting reports, tailored to the needs of the business
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- A love of music, with a deep passion for ensuring that Artists/Songwriters are remunerated fairly and accurately.
It’s a plus if you also have…
- Confidence in clearly communicating with clients, colleagues and management
- Previous experience of working in a similar role in the music industry
- The ability to manage multiple projects at once and hit time-sensitive deadlines
- Detailed knowledge of industry and DSP file formats, such as, CRD, CSV,DIF,FLAT,TEXT
- The ability to join the dots, think laterally and understand both downstream and upstream impact.
- Proficiency with SQL
- Experience with BI visualisation tools such as Power BI and Tableau
- Experience with Power Query
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave, plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year and an extra day for your birthday!
- Flexible working opportunities
- 6 months full pay for all parents regardless of gender and sexual orientation
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Subscription to Headspace
- Give As You Earn Scheme
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment!
Founded in 2008, BMG is the first new global player in the recordings business in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 3m songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters are attracted by its fresh approach which now includes production music, film and books as well as music publishing and recordings.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.