We are looking for a Revenue Assurance Analyst (f/m/d) to join the Royalty, Income Tracking, Analytics and Audit team at BMG, which is a lynchpin of BMGs mission to offer fair and transparent service to our portfolio of artists.
This role has a direct impact on our artists & songwriters through maximising revenue from all revenue streams. The position will liaise with all areas of our business and work closely with our internal Finance, Royalty & Analytics teams. The music industry in 2022 is underpinned by an enormous data crunching operation. We have to ensure that we have collected and analysed all income received, resulting in keeping BMG at the vanguard of the industry. You will be responsible for the forensic analysis of all income streams received, marrying this against the forecasts and expectations of our investments team, proactively instigating back-claims, adjustments and any supplemental payments where required.
- Lead all income tracking efforts for revenue streams
- Work with a solution focused attitudes to business challenges, using your technical knowledge to automate and streamline processes
- Help evolve and automate our income tracking to the next level
- Monitor deal level expectations and provide income confirmations to the Finance & Royalty teams
- Liaise with 3rd parties to ensure income flows are in line with expectations & resolve any discrepancies
- Work closely with the Royalty, Copyright & investments teams to both resolve and proactively prevent against problems arising with the collection of income
- Monitor and analyse all cash receipts
- You are an experienced forensic analyst who has a proven track record of identifying gaps and reasoning why. Previous experience of working in a similar role in the music industry is a plus.
- You have advanced Excel capabilities including Power Pivot and are able to analyse, extract & manipulate data from high volume datafiles.
- You are experienced in setting up internal analysis/forecasting reports, tailored to the needs of the business.
- Communicating clearly with clients, colleagues and management as well as managing multiple projects at once comes easy to you.
- You have a love of music, with a deep passion for ensuring that artists/songwriters are remunerated fairly and accurately.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills complete your profile.
- Experience with tools such as BI Power BI/Tableau, SQL and Power Query is a plus.
Now let’s see what’s in it for you
- The unique BMG culture, empowering and driven by strong values
- A 21st century working environment, collaborative and flexible
- A commitment to help team members develop long-term careers at BMG with in-house training and the renowned Bertelsmann University
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for working for artists and songwriters
What you should know about us
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann.
Come as you are
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.