Your Mission at BMG.
BMG UK are looking for an experienced Product Owner to join our fast growing team in Paddington.
Your mission is to own customer software products used by our Digital Supply Chain community.
- Connect with users in the Creative & Sync licensing community with the aim of understanding them and their needs
- Be the voice of the customer and ensure that our software products are helping the business users achieve better outcomes
- Assess the value of the work using best practices within Product Management (Agile/Scrum)
- Provide vision, direction and methodology to development teams and stakeholders across projects
- Release planning in conjunction with development teams & ongoing communication with business stakeholders.
- Assess value/return on investment, develop business cases, prioritize epics and stories to align with overall business and product strategy
- Ensure a good balance between feature set development and continuing resolving of technical debt
- Play an active role in resolving blockers preventing successful completion
- Empathy for business user requirements & passion for software product development
- Confident managing, inspiring and developing product management teams
- Proven record as a product owner or product manager driving business capability expansion, revenue growth or cost savings
- Former experience in the music industry and the IT systems/applications within it
- Track record of understanding core customer needs and translating these clearly into product development process
- Proven ability and desire to engage and collaborate with all stakeholders, make people feel heard and understood, but be able to say no and stand up for tough calls needed to better serve the wider business and clients
- Experience working closely with engineers, agile and/or scrum teams and ability to switch to waterfall where this is the more suitable approach
- Love for music!
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment