We are looking for a Product Owner (f/m/d) Licensing to join our headquarters in Berlin. You are a thorough and a highly flexible, unreserved team player and a communicator, keen to be part of the world’s fastest-growing music company, BMG. You understand the music industry as a whole and are also able to dive into details as and when required.
- Own software products used by our Creative & Sync Licensing and Production Music teams
- Connect with users in the Creative & Sync Licensing and Production Music teams with the aim of understanding them and what their needs are.
- Be the voice of the customer and ensure that our software products are helping the business users achieve better outcomes
- Assess the value of the work using best practices within Product Management (Agile/Scrum)
- Provide vision, direction and methodology to development teams and stakeholders across projects
- Release planning in conjunction with development teams & ongoing communication with business stakeholders.
- Assess return on investment, develop business cases, prioritize epics and stories to align with overall business and product strategy
- Ensure a good balance between feature set development and continuing resolving of technical debt
- Play an active role in resolving blockers preventing successful completion of critical business tasks
- Empathy for business user requirements & passion for software product development
- Experience in managing, inspiring and developing product management teams
- Proven experience as a product owner or product manager driving business capability expansion, revenue growth or cost savings
- Preferably former experience in the music industry and the IT systems/applications within it
- Track record of understanding business requirements, core customer needs and turning these clearly into digital products that your users love to use
- Proven ability and intrinsic desire to engage and collaborate with all stakeholders, make people feel heard and understood, but be able to say no and make and stand up for tough calls needed to better serve the wider business and clients
- Experience working closely with engineers, agile and/or scrum teams and ability to switch to waterfall where this is the more suitable approach
- A Bachelors degree or higher, preferably in technology or business with excellent professional verbal & written English skills, German is a plus
- Experience and willingness to work with both internal and outsourced/offshore teams
Now let’s see what’s in it for you
- A fair and transparent business model and company structure
- Varied and autonomous tasks and flexible working hours in a comfortable and pleasant working atmosphere
- Occasional in-house concerts – to listen to all the awesome stuff we are producing every day
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music including industry veterans who always have a great and unique story to share
What you should know about us
- BMG is a new kind of digital-age music company formed twelve years ago with a relentless focus on delivering fairness, transparency and service to artists and songwriters
- Uniquely for its size BMG represents both songs and recording rights on the same state-of-the-art platform worldwide
- It is already the world’s fourth-biggest player in music publishing and one of the biggest players in recordings in Europe
Are you interested? Then send us your application and all the convincing arguments why you are the right person to get this job. We welcome applications from people who will contribute to the diversity of our company.
Please feel free to apply in either German or English.