We are looking for a Product Owner (f/m/d) to join our Global Technology team based at our headquarter in Berlin. You are a thorough and highly flexible, unreserved team player, an enthusiastic IT professional and a great communicator with both business stakeholders and technology specialists such as software developers, security and infrastructure specialists. You are keen to be part of the world’s fastest growing music company, BMG.
Your Mission: Own some of our digital products!
- Own and manage software products used by our Legal and Business Services teams, including provisioning of data to downstream departments and systems.
- Understand overall business strategy/needs and manage/prioritise the roadmap and backlogs balancing short/medium term benefits with long term business and technology goals to maximise product stability and scalability while minimising technical debt.
- Partner with business stakeholders, other technology team members and developers to create new products, prioritise work items and achieve business and technological goals.
- Be the voice of the customer within the Technology Group and help the business users achieve better and measurable outcomes. Act as a representative of Technology toward the business functions and vice versa.
- Provide vision, direction and methodology to development teams and stakeholders across software development projects.
- Software Release planning in conjunction with development teams & ongoing communication with business stakeholders.
- Support our Technology department with your knowledge about the software product owned by you.
- Ensure a good balance between feature set development and continuing resolution of technical debt.
- Play an active role in resolving blockers preventing successful completion of critical business tasks.
- Validate product increments to ensure they meet the acceptance criteria and adhere to the agreed upon software quality metrics.
- Commercially assess value/return on investment, develop business cases and new ideas about how to realize them in an IT environment, prioritize epics and stories to align with overall business, product and technology strategy.
- Keep abreast of market trends and developments in the competitive landscape within the music industry.
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner for 5+ year(s) within a technology team taking end to end ownership of product vision and direction, feature deﬁnition, backlog management to the agile development team and respective stakeholders.
- Profound understanding of key concepts and best practice within technology and product management
- Proven experience as a product owner or product manager driving business capability expansion, innovation, revenue growth or cost savings
- Experience working closely with engineers & technology operations teams.
- Solid communication, presentation and leadership skills with empathy for business user requirements.
- Proven ability and desire to engage and collaborate with diverse set of stakeholders.
- Track record of understanding core customer needs and translating these clearly into product development process.
- Functional understanding of the music business including client acquisitions, publishing, recordings, monetization, royalties, release management, licensing etc. and the application & technology landscape associated within the music industry. This isn’t a mandatory requirement but a plus.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in technology or business
- Certifications – not mandatory but definitely a plus:
- Certiﬁed Scrum Product Owner
- Google Cloud Digital Leader Certiﬁed
- Languages: fluent professional verbal & written English skills, German is not mandatory but a plus
- Experience and willingness to work with both internal and outsourced/offshore teams
Now let’s see what’s in it for you
- The unique BMG culture, empowering and driven by strong values
- A 21st century working environment, collaborative and flexible
- A commitment to help team members develop long-term careers at BMG with in-house training and the renowned Bertelsmann University
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for working for artists and songwriters
What you should know about us
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann.
Come as you are
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
Are you interested? Then send us your application and all the convincing arguments why you are the right person to get this job.