An exciting opportunity to join the fastest growing music company!
Your Mission at BMG.
BMG UK are on the hunt for a Product Manager to join our International Marketing team – part of our fast growing Catalogue Recordings department here in our Paddington offices.
Our Catalogue Department markets many of the most renowned catalogues in music history from labels such as Mute, Sanctuary, Pye, Immediate, Trojan, Strictly Rhythm, Salsoul, Echo, Bronze, Noise and PWL and with artists including Black Sabbath, Nick Cave, Kylie Minogue, The Kinks, Desmond Dekker, Motörhead, Madness and Fatboy Slim to name but a few.
We’re looking for someone who is always up to date on the latest streaming trends, a creative idea’s person who is eager to get stuck in and drive projects from inception to completion. Your mission with BMG will be to ensure the strategic and efficient marketing, promotion and selling of BMG Catalogues titles Globally.
- Advising artist management in their strategic planning with international perspective, timelines, and global schedules
- Work closely with the repertoire owner and international affiliates to ensure marketing tools are created and adapted where required to successfully develop artist brands
- Constant communication between artist management, and international affiliates to regularly update them on development on their projects.
- Get visuals, changes and adaptations agreed and approved on a creative and practical level by artists and repertoire owner.
- Work closely with the markets to help in the understanding of retail Physical/Digital/Streaming marketing landscape with reference to the artists and projects which you are responsible for.
- Travel to markets to oversee local promotion, liaise and assist artists and managers.
- Knowledge of the current streaming market
- Team player
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects
- Comfortable working under pressure and with a fast moving and rapidly developing roster
- Knowledge of Catalogue Music
- Experience in Music Industry Marketing a plus
- A love for Music!
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment
What you should know about us.
BMG is a growing international music company, founded in 2008 with a revolutionary vision for the digital age. Our purpose is to be a better kind of music business. What does that mean? We offer unparalleled creative support, provide the best access to innovative platforms and work hard to maximise the value of each and every copyright; empowering all of our artists and songwriters to achieve their greatest potential. A little bit more of how it should be (we like to think).
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
We are a division of the Bertelsmann Group which includes Penguin Random House, RTL Group and Arvato.
Head to our Linkedin, Instagram and twitter channels to get a snippet into what It’s like to work at BMG UK!
Sound like music to your ears?
Then click ‘Apply now’ and send us your application and all the convincing arguments as to why you are the right person for this role – the challenge is on! Let’s create a future together.