BMG – The New Music Company
We are a growing international music company that offers a friendly and collaborative working environment with great benefits and a leadership team who values every employee.
Our mission is to be a better kind of music business. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximise the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our artists receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or record label – although we offer both services.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
We are a division of the Bertelsmann Group which includes Penguin Random House, RTL Group and Arvato.
Your Mission at BMG.
We are looking for a Partner Manager to join the Supply Chain team in a role based in our Paddington office. Our Supply Chain team ensures that BMG recordings reach music fans worldwide both physically and digitally. They are responsible for metadata and asset management for approximately 600,000 recordings and work closely with our manufacturing and distribution partners. Without them, our recorded music releases would never be heard.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for maintaining and co-ordinating the successful delivery of BMG’s products across audio and video platforms to our supply chain partners, ensuring timely and accurate delivery of content. Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee and troubleshooting New Release deliveries to all BMG’s distribution partners including managing content management systems.
- Running availability and delivery reports ensuring releases have successfully delivered. Analysing report findings, categorising and fixing errors.
- Managing the delivery of data and music assets from catalogues that have been acquired by BMG to new distribution partners
- Delivering Neighbouring Rights (PPI) registrations outside North America, Australia & Brazil, running quarterly registration runs and liaising with the technology group to maintain up to 25 automated feeds
- Managing timed releases on Apple & Spotify for all repertoire centres
- Monitoring and managing Apple tickets, liaising with relevant teams globally to update products in BMG and Apple’s systems
- Manually deliver music videos for International repertoire owners, including working with the YouTube team to register and claim ownership
- Performing regular health checks on supply chain system performance and suggesting optimisations
- Feed expertise into Supply Chain Technology projects
- Previous experience of working as part of a supply chain team in the music industry
- Experience with iTunes xml and DDEX
- Experience of Neighbouring rights societies and registrations useful, but not required.
- Displays strong attention to detail
- Process driven
- Enjoys working to targets and deadlines
- Enjoys troubleshooting and finding solutions
- Able to categorise errors and find patterns in data with the ability to cross reference data spreadsheets
Now, Whats In It For You?
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas and New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment