Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
Join BMG’s fast-growing Neighbouring Rights team! Since rolling out its boutique Neighbouring Rights service to the wider industry, BMG has signed clients including The Rolling Stones, Roger Daltrey (The Who), Jonas Blue and Inhaler. BMG is looking for a proactive Coordinator to grow and develop along with this exciting new business.
YOUR MISSION AT BMG.
As a Neighbouring Rights Coordinator, you will primarily ensure that recorded metadata is prepared accurately and delivered to collection societies, and ensure that the data is ingested into BMG’s systems ready for royalty processing. Additionally, you will be responsible as the key point of contact for a subset of international collection societies, assisting the Manager with developing and maintaining successful relationships for the Neighbouring Rights business.
- Researching and compiling industry-standard recorded metadata for all client catalogues.
- Ongoing research and administration for new release recorded metadata.
- Administering client repertoire submissions and collection societies evidence requirements; such as label copy.
- Routine client repertoire health checks and discography maintenance.
- Liaising with, and processing data from, other shared services teams in a time-sensitive manner.
- Declare client repertoire to societies at frequent and strict deadlines.
- Sending registrations and seeking confirmations for BMG clients directly with all 40+ collection societies worldwide.
- Key point of contact for a subset of collection societies.
- Ensure income is collected and processed accurately for the aforementioned subset of collection societies.
- Understanding of recorded music metadata
- Strong organisational, administrative and analytical skills.
- Ability to organise and manipulate large data sets.
- Highly organised and ability to prioritise to frequent and strict deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A self-starter, enthusiastic and solution-oriented.
- Strong capability to work across different territories and cultures.
- Microsoft Office Suite Competency and Intermediate Excel.
- Interest in neighbouring rights and the recorded music industry.
- Previous Neighbouring Rights experience, familiarity with collection society models and/or knowledge of digital service providers (DSPs) and streaming services are a plus!
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave, plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year and an extra day for your birthday!
- Flexible working opportunities
- 6 months full pay for all parents regardless of gender and sexual orientation
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Subscription to Headspace
- Give As You Earn Scheme
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment!
Founded in 2008, BMG is the first new global player in the recordings business in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 3m songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters are attracted by its fresh approach which now includes production music, film and books as well as music publishing and recordings.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.