Marketing Manager (Catalogue Recordings)
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’
Marketing Manager (Catalogue Recordings) – Parental Cover
We are looking for an experienced marketing manager to join our UK office on a fixed term contract starting in March 2023. As our marketing manager, you will lead the marketing and product management of releases and artists on the Trojan & World Circuit labels, in addition to similar work on other genres of music and labels as required.
- Develop and execute artist and label marketing plans for Trojan & World Circuit to grow artist followings, brand presence and income.
- Cost and monitor release and marketing plans using the company’s P and L and income tracking models.
- Initiate concepts for new releases, playlists, remixes and reissues.
- Commission necessary marketing assets and work alongside the digital marketing team to book appropriate advertising and monitor results.
- Assign appropriate PR companies to relevant campaigns and monitor progress, assist artists with promotion.
- Work with LBA to ensure all assets are fully cleared before use.
- Update the Trojan Website and ensure an active Social Media presence using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tiktok.
- Line management of the group’s Product Manager.
- Work with the repertoire group and Streaming Team on new DSP initiatives and playlists, driving streaming and followers.
- Passionate about Roots music (reggae, blues, jazz, African / Cuban music).
- Experience in a music marketing role.
- Experience with managing social media channels.
- Experience with managing budgets / P&Ls.
- Experience in line management / coaching junior members of staff.
- Interested in Music and record industry developments.
It’s a plus if you also have:
- Knowledge of a wide range of music.
- Familiarity with product management.
- Ability to speak French and/or Spanish.
- Expereience in International marketing.
- Basic Photoshop skills.
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave, plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year and an extra day for your birthday!
- Flexible working opportunities.
- 6 months full pay for all parents regardless of gender and sexual orientation.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Private Health Insurance.
- Competitive pension scheme.
- Annual gig allowance.
- Artist showcases.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme.
- Subscription to Headspace.
- Give As You Earn Scheme .
- Excellent development opportunities.
- A fun and sociable office environment.
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s fresh approach includes production music, films, books, artist management, merchandise, neighboring rights, and live as well as music publishing and recordings off the same service platform.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with. www.bmg.com