BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age.
That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
Your Mission at BMG
Reporting to the SVP of Marketing, the primary mission of the NYC-based Marketing Coordinator is to provide creative support to the New York commercial synch team, as well as the US Synch team when needed.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist with creative pitches when needed and help facilitate outgoing music to clients
- Communicate deal progress/updates on a bi-weekly basis with SVP of Marketing
- Maintain constant communication with SVP of Marketing’s office regarding day-to-day operations
- Assist in developing new tools that help the commercial team pitch BMG’s catalog
- Create playlists categorized by brand, theme, synch-edits, etc.
- Produce and distribute a weekly list of new ad-friendly themed music to the U.S. Synch Team
- Manage and keep track of album/single releases and new trends
- Send BMG’s blasts/newsletters to East Coast Ad client list
- Manage & distribute external show blasts, show RSVP’s, and ticket buys for East Coast/International ticket requests under the guidance of SVP of Marketing’s office
- Attend shows on behalf of BMG’s Synch Team when needed
- Update and maintain the advertising clients contact list with SVP of Marketing’s office
- Coordinate, prep, and print out materials for NYC meetings
- Book and set up conference rooms for department meetings
- Train and oversee Marketing department interns in NY
- Research and compile new/potential advertising clients through industry trades (Ad Age, Ad Week, etc.) and web sites like iSpotTV and SourceCreative.
You are proactive and confident. You thrive while working in fast paced environments. You understand that your success is dependent on having good organization skills and a solid understanding of master/publishing rights. You have deep knowledge of music and synch trends across various media channels. You have superb written and interpersonal skills. You understand the importance of maintaining and safeguarding propriety information. Additionally, you are well-organized and have the ability to multitask while paying close attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in music business or related field
- 2+ of years of publishing/relative industry experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Outlook, iTunes, FTP systems, Mailchimp & Google Docs
What’s In It For You
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Two weeks’ vacation in year one; three weeks’ vacation in year two
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
We welcome applications from people who will contribute to the diversity of our company.
Please send application materials to [email protected]