Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
Manager, YouTube BBR
Your Mission at BMG.
We are looking for an Artist Channel & Account Manager, to join us in Nashville. Our global YouTube team is dedicated in providing best in class services for our artists through channel optimization, best practices, innovative marketing campaigns and revenue growth. YouTube is one of the largest streaming platforms and we see the value and potential in our global YouTube team to grow exponentially in the coming years. Come join our team!
- You have a passion for music and video content.
- You have a general knowledge of and interest in Country Music.
- You have the ability to consistently learn and thrive within a fast-changing environment.
- You are comfortable working in a team and are a self-starter.
- Your time management skills allow you to meet deadlines easily.
What You’ll Be Doing.
- You will specifically ensure the best YouTube set up for the artists we work with, managing all aspects of channel management and optimization including ideation, playlist pitching, uploading videos, community, metadata optimization and audience management as well as monetization, together with our YouTube operations team.
- Working with and across internal teams, artists/management and other content specialists for both catalogue and frontline recordings for domestic repertoire.
- Work closely with the local Digital Marketing team to maximize opportunities & social strategies to grow channel engagement.
- Active pitching and managing the relationship with the YouTube Music teams in Nashville.
- Provide channel audits and identify new ways to market & grow global Nashville repertoire.
- Responsible for managing the creation of marketing assets (banners, thumbnails, subtitles, profile images etc.) with creative team.
- Regular reporting of insights & trends to internal teams and artist managements.
- Provide YouTube insights & trends on a weekly basis with global YouTube team.
- Setting up top tier marketing looks such as YouTube Premiere, Live Redirect and Afterparty, etc.
- Passionate YouTube expert with detailed knowledge of YouTube (e.g. content, channel management, analytics)
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally working directly with YouTube content and channel management.
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple priorities and work well under pressure within demanding timelines.
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to build collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
The following skills and knowledge would be a plus, but are not essential; content creation and video editing skills, general understanding of metadata, platform algorithms and the effect on content discovery and monetization, and knowledge of building audiences in a digital environment.
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately. We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
What’s In It For You.
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Flexible time off
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and access to Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s fresh approach includes production music, films, books, artist management, merchandise, neighboring rights, and live as well as music publishing and recordings off the same service platform. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with. www.bmg.com