We are looking for a Manager (f/m/d) YouTube Continental Europe to join our Recordings team in Berlin.
As a key member of the streaming team, you will develop, manage, and drive the YouTube strategy and performance in Continental Europe in order to maximize reach and revenues for our entire artist roster. In Continental Europe, BMG has offices in Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Netherlands and Sweden.
Important – you do not feel like you are a YouTube expert yet, but have experience in other areas of the music industry and the other requirements feel like a great fit? Please apply! We have an excellent education program in place, that will bring you up to speed quickly.
- You will be responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with YouTube in CEU.
- You will work closely with our internal teams e.g. A&R, Product Managers/Marketing, Catalogue and Supply Chain as well as the local steaming managers in each territory.
- As a key member of the global streaming team, you will work with your global peers to constantly refine and implement BMG’s global YouTube strategy.
Working with YouTube
- You will ensure the best YouTube set up for the artists we work with, supporting all aspects of their YouTube presence, which includes channel management (channel, video, branding and meta data optimization), monetization reviews (claiming and rights management, supporting the YT CMS team) & content creation (advise and production support).
- You will actively pitching our repertoire to the Music Team at YouTube.
- You will plan, pitch for and execute partnerships with YouTube, e.g., live events and other content productions and marketing cooperation.
Analysis, Reporting and Strategy
- You will monitor all relevant KPI’s of the YouTube channels of our artists to constantly enhance the performance.
- You will be responsible for regular reporting to internal as well as to artist teams to derive strategies for our frontline and catalogue repertoire.
- Next to our global digital team, you will also work closely with our YouTube CMS team to ensure seamless claiming processes and audits as well as our Marketing Insights and Analytics teams to analyze the revenue impact of your actions and ensure a best-in-class YouTube service for the artists we work with.
- You have successfully completed a professional education in the fields of marketing or music & creative industries and work experience in one of the following areas: recorded music, artist management, digital marketing or a similar area.
- You are creative, innovative, organized, detail-oriented, analytical and resourceful.
- You can execute opportunities as they arise together with the rest of our team, even under tight deadlines.
- You can manage to stay in sync with the rest of the team by being an excellent pro-active communicator.
- You are very tech savvy and feel comfortable using a range of tools to analyze data.
- You are fluent in German and English.
Now let’s see what’s in it for you
- The unique BMG culture, empowering and driven by strong values
- A 21st century working environment, collaborative and flexible
- Benefits like a bright and newly renovated office in the heart of Berlin, a BVG jobticket, a Headspace membership, work from home regulations and many more
- A commitment to help team members develop long-term careers at BMG with in-house training and the renowned Bertelsmann University
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for working for artists and songwriters
What you should know about us
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann.
Come as you are
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.