We are looking for a Manager (f/m/d) Streaming International to join our Recordings team in Berlin.
As a key member of the streaming team you will develop, manage, and drive the streaming strategy and performance for the territories where BMG does not have staff on the ground to maximize digital revenues for both catalogue and frontline releases. This includes territories in Central and Eastern Europe, Africa, MENA or Asia. This exciting task requires excellent communication skills to align with the international teams and at the same time the ability to work independently and develop relationships and market insights from scratch. Your main tasks are split into 3 working fields:
- You are responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with the key digital partners in different territories e.g. Spotify, Apple, Deezer & Amazon.
- You will work closely with the global digital team as well as the international marketing teams and our distribution partner Warner/ADA to exploit our frontline and catalogue repertoire globally and play an important role in expanding our international footprint.
Leveraging Sales and Marketing Campaigns
- You will execute and expand streaming campaigns in close cooperation with our international teams.
- You will be responsible for developing and compiling sales tools such as newsletters and pitch decks to communicate new release information and marketing updates to the above-mentioned partners.
- You are responsible for regular sales and streaming reporting for colleagues and artist managements.
- You derive suitable recommendations from the monitoring and analysis of the digital performance of our repertoire.
Research & Strategy
- You will perform a lot of market research to develop and execute a plan to cover the regions you are responsible for efficiently and resourceful.
- In your role, you will be become the expert for markets and platforms beyond the current core focus of our business. This means that your expertise will be crucial in shaping the strategy of our streaming operation and your input will be demanded for strategic questions.
- You have successfully completed a professional education in the fields of marketing or music & creative industries and work experience with music streaming platforms and/or experience in the fields of recorded music, artist management or digital marketing.
- You can manage to stay in sync with the rest of the team by being an excellent pro-active communicator.
- You are very organized, detail-oriented, analytical and resourceful.
- You can work very independently and the idea of being in a “satellite role” does not scare you.
- You can execute opportunities as they arise together with the rest of our team, even under tight deadlines.
- You have a broad repertoire knowledge as well as a good understanding of different subcultures.
- You are keen to learn about foreign countries, markets, cultures and businesses and research is something that excites you.
- You are fluent in English, any additional language is a plus.
Now let’s see what’s in it for you
- The unique BMG culture, empowering and driven by strong values
- A 21st century working environment, collaborative and flexible
- Benefits like a bright and newly renovated office in the heart of Berlin, a BVG jobticket, a Headspace membership, work from home regulations and many more
- A commitment to help team members develop long-term careers at BMG with in-house training and the renowned Bertelsmann University
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for working for artists and songwriters
What you should know about us
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann.
Come as you are
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.