A New Music Company for Mexico
BMG is opening a new Latin America hub in Mexico and we’re looking to build our team. As the first new international music company of the streaming age, we do things a little differently – putting the interests of artists and songwriters at the heart of all we do.
Representing the work of music legends including Tina Turner, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, Mötley Crüe, Roger Waters, Bryan Adams and Carlos Santana as well as DJ Khaled, Juice WRLD and thousands of others, we aim to offer the most modern, efficient, fair and transparent service to artists and songwriters.
We are seeking:
Manager, Royalties & Finance
Your Mission at BMG.
We are currently looking for a Manager Royalties and Finance to support our team in Mexico City. In this role you will need to apply strong organizational as well as analytic skills as well as have an eye for detail without losing the bigger picture.
What You’ll Be Doing.
- Main point of contact for locally signed writers and artists regarding royalty inquiries
- Liaison with regional Finance & central Royalty Processing teams
- Manage inbound cash process in coordination with regional Finance team (publishing/master/production music)
- Management of incoming statements processes with regional CMOs
- Assistance with royalty processing, review of matching, review and release of error & suspense files
- Take care of invoice requests for incoming royalty statements
- Act on tax exemption matters
- All formalities linked to calculation & distribution to interested parties including statement preparation, distribution and payment request
- Work closely with regional collective management organizations (SACM, SADIAC, LatinAutor) regarding distribution matters, repertoire registration & sales declarations
- Conduct quarterly client account review meetings for regional staff and management
- Collaborate with Income Tracking on tasks related to revenue assurance
- Participate with colleagues from other offices as part of the world-wide initiatives
- Act as a regional subject matter expert for Royalty and Finance topics
- Fluent in both English and Spanish (written and verbal)
- Experience gained by working at a CMO, music publisher, or record label in an analytical or financial function
- Strong service orientation and project management skills
- Ability to communicate financial data and concepts to a wide audience
- Advanced Excel skills: Knowledge of SQL and/or Python is a plus
- Prior experience with SAP is not required but is a plus
- Comfortable with adjusting to evolving priorities and managing expectations of stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Strong communication as well as team working skills and experience in working with international teams
What’s In It For You.
- Part of a thriving and dynamic global team
- Joining a growing company with noteworthy Recorded and Publishing repertoire
- The unique BMG culture, empowering and driven by strong values
- A 21st century working environment, collaborative and flexible working
- A commitment to help team members develop long-term careers at BMG with in-house training and the renowned Bertelsmann University
- Subscription to Headspace
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately. We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.