Your Mission at BMG.
We are looking for a Recorded Metadata Manager to join our Supply Chain team and be responsible for the creation and management of metadata for BMG’s UK frontline releases.
Our Supply Chain team ensures that BMG recordings reach music fans worldwide both digitally and physically. They are responsible for metadata and asset management for approximately 600,000 recordings and work closely with our manufacturing and distribution partners. Without them, our recorded music releases would never be heard.
- Working alongside the Frontline creative teams to create and manage new release metadata in BMG’s metadata system
- Ensuring all metadata is compliant to the required standards
- Ensuring collection of all relevant PPI data for registration with collection societies
- Registration of physical product with MCPS
- Resolving data conflicts and inquiries from internal and external partners
- Dealing with ad-hoc metadata requests from Synch and Licensing teams
- Understanding of music metadata standards, including the iTunes Style Guide
- Previous experience of working as part of a supply chain team in the music industry
- Ability to balance the pressure to deliver a release with the need to ensure all contracts and correct data are in place before delivery
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- Enjoys challenging current practices, troubleshooting and finding solutions
- Be a team player with a positive can-do attitude; happy to request guidance as and when necessary to ensure operational excellence
- Able to build, maintain and develop relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment
What you should know about us.
BMG is a growing international music company, founded in 2008 with a revolutionary vision for the digital age. Our purpose is to be a better kind of music business. What does that mean? We offer unparalleled creative support, provide the best access to innovative platforms and work hard to maximise the value of each and every copyright; empowering all of our artists and songwriters to achieve their greatest potential. A little bit more of how it should be (we like to think).
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
BMG’s 14 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 2.5m songs and recordings, including the catalogues of Chrysalis, Bug, Virgin, Mute, Sanctuary, Primary Wave and Talpa Music, as well as literally thousands of artists and songwriters attracted by its fresh approach.
BMG is owned by international media company Bertelsmann, which also includes the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House, the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr, the service provider Arvato, the Bertelsmann Printing Group, the Bertelsmann Education Group, and Bertelsmann Investments, an international network of funds.