Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
Join the Recorded Music Finance team in Nashville, where your expertise and dedication will shine. As part of the Nashville accounting and finance team you will report to the Director of Recorded Finance.
You will help track and monitor Broken Bow and BMG projects serving as a proactive financial business partner to creative teams project spanning from investment application to forecasting beyond the release date.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Support an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close. Including, but not limited to, preparing journal entries, account review and analysis.
- Set-up of expense request forms and purchase orders for M&P spend
Prepare and organize monthly costs review with finance managers and royalties team
- SAP reclasses and booking instructions for recharges for monthly close
- Assist in royalty client inquiries
- Reconcile invoices to budget weekly and approve and submit to AP after curing any issues
- Support financial reporting of country label Broken Bow (revenue & expenses)
- Develop and monitor project based budget allocations
- Forecast projected sales and marketing budgets on a project-by-project basis within the applicable reporting timeline monthly
- Serve as financial business partner to product managers and radio promo team by analyzing and recommending efficient use of M&P spend
- Ad hoc reporting as requested by Nashville based management and NY finance team
- BA/BS in Accounting or Business with a concentration in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience & knowledge of financial accounting.
- You have expert knowledge with Microsoft Excel.
- You have excellent organization skills and keen attention to detail.
It’s a plus if you also have SAP FI experience, and have worked at a record label and gained familiarity with accounting specifically within the music business. An interest in country music is also a plus.
What’s In It For You
- Enjoy flexibility with our hybrid setup: 3 days in office, 2 days remote.
- Experience peace of mind knowing that our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage has got you covered.
- Maximize your savings with our dollar-for-dollar 401(k) match of up to 6% after your first year.
- Say goodbye to accruing vacation days or hitting a cap; take time off when you need it with our flexible time off policy!
- Save money and time with our commuter benefits program.
- Stay healthy and earn financial rewards with our fitness reimbursement program and wellness incentives.
- Find your inner peace and boost your mental wellbeing with a complimentary subscription to the popular meditation app, Headspace.
- Access well-being support 24/7 through our Employee
- Assistance Program.
- Kick off your weekends early with Summer Fridays.
- Unlock your potential with development opportunities, including mentorship programs and LinkedIn Learning.
- Be inspired by our talented artists at our showcases and playbacks.
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s fresh approach includes production music, films, books, artist management, merchandise, neighboring rights, and live as well as music publishing and recordings off the same service platform. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with. www.bmg.com
Company: BMG Rights Management (US) LLC
Country: United States of America
Postal Code: 37203
Location: Nashville, TN, US, 37203