Your Mission at BMG.
Join BMG’s fast-growing Neighbouring Rights team! Since rolling out its boutique Neighbouring Rights service to the wider industry, BMG has signed clients including Roger Daltrey (The Who), The Rolling Stones, and Jonas Blue.
Currently operating a 3-person, shared services business model, BMG is looking for a proactive Manager to grow and develop along with this exciting new business.
- Register each BMG client directly with 40+ societies worldwide.
- Actively claim BMG client repertoire at society level where possible.
- Coordinate deal closing & client signature packs.
- Coordinate entry & clean up of metadata into BMG systems.
- Ensure Neighbouring Rights income is collected, paid and processed accurately.
- Actively service BMG Neighbouring Rights clients and field incoming enquiries.
- Ensure income is being collected, paid and processed accurately.
- Analyse incoming source statements and reconciling outgoing client statements.
- Liaise with various teams with regards to suspense and calc error. Ensure all income is mapped as it should be.
- Key participant in business development for BMG’s Neighbouring Rights business.
- Key point of contact and relationship manager for collection societies nationwide.
This job description describes the main elements of the role however a hands-on, flexible and proactive approach is expected and as such this document is not intended to be comprehensive or permanent. The job description is subject to review on an ongoing basis.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience in the music industry and familiarity with royalty / collection society models
- Strong analytical and reporting skills; ability to deal with large data sets
- Highly organised
- Detail orientated
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinker
- Takes pride in and ensures work is of an excellent quality
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong capability to work across different territories and cultures
- Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint Skills
- Interest in music and the industry
Desirable (but not essential) Skills & Experience
- Previous Neighbouring Rights experience
- Knowledge of publishing or recorded royalties systems, fluency with big data visualization tools e.g. Tableau
- Other languages a plus
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment
What you should know about us.
BMG is a growing international music company, founded in 2008 with a revolutionary vision for the digital age. Our purpose is to be a better kind of music business. What does that mean? We offer unparalleled creative support, provide the best access to innovative platforms and work hard to maximise the value of each and every copyright; empowering all of our artists and songwriters to achieve their greatest potential. A little bit more of how it should be (we like to think).
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
BMG’s 14 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 2.5m songs and recordings, including the catalogues of Chrysalis, Bug, Virgin, Mute, Sanctuary, Primary Wave and Talpa Music, as well as literally thousands of artists and songwriters attracted by its fresh approach.
BMG is owned by international media company Bertelsmann, which also includes the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House, the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr, the service provider Arvato, the Bertelsmann Printing Group, the Bertelsmann Education Group, and Bertelsmann Investments, an international network of funds.