Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms.
Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
Manager, Investments / M&A
Your primary mission as Manager, Investments/ M&A will be to contribute to the evaluation and execution of BMG’s US deal pipeline. Preparing analysis and valuation data for the acquisition and advance-based deals across BMG’s publishing and recording divisions.
Assisting in the execution of deals in timely and efficient manner, in conjunction with BMG’s Legal & Business Affairs, Financial, Income Tracking and Royalty & Copyright departments.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Assisting the completion of valuations across US deals across BMG’s recording and publishing rosters
- Critically evaluate deals and provide valuable insights to
- Investments team and management
- Performing financial valuation and discounted cash flow analysis
- Collating data and key terms to assess deals.
- Creating investment appraisals for executive management
- Assisting Investments, Creative and Legal & Business Affairs teams throughout negotiation process
- Tracking deal processes from start to finish and maintaining deal pipeline
- Providing analysis for board presentations
- Conducting market research to gain and implement business insights
- Performing ad hoc projects as required
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree with a financial or mathematical background
- You have experience with financial metrics and translation of data as well as working with financial valuation and data analysis
- You have a good technical understanding of, and practical work experience with valuation mechanics (e.g. discounted cash flow, financial statements)
- You are skilled in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
What’s In It For You
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Hybrid working environment (3 days a week in office, 2 days from home)
- Flexible time off
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and access to Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one.
Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s fresh approach includes production music, films, books, artist management, merchandise, neighboring rights, and live as well as music publishing and recordings off the same service platform.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with. www.bmg.com
Company: BMG Rights Management (US) LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10016