Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
Manager, Income Tracking
As Manager, Income Tracking your primary mission is supporting income redirection efforts as related to newly BMG signed administrative deals and/or newly acquired catalogs. Every day, BMG enters into new administrative deals and Catalog/Asset purchases.
All new signings and purchases are then carefully reviewed to determine redirection efforts required. This position will also be responsible for Live Performance registrations on behalf of BMG writers/artists such as Aerosmith, Hall & Oates, ZZ top, Tool, The National and many more. Jingle Performance registrations as related to BMG content embodied in TV Commercials and Movie Trailers. This position will also support a number of additional income tracking efforts for both Publishing and Master related tasks.
What You’ll Be Doing
- As part of redirection process ensure and monitor flow-through receipts (from client’s previous admins)
- Monitor and claim Streaming income with MLC and Digital Service Providers
- Monitor and claim missing Live Performance income with US PROs
- Monitor and claim Neighboring Rights income with SoundExchange
- Top Client reviews – Revenue assurance
- Establish relationships with 3rd party sources (Labels, Publishers & Client Business Managers)
- Work documentation and tracking as related to all assigned tasks
- Work closely with other departments (Admin, Royalties, LBA, Finance) and foreign affiliates to address tracking inquires.
- Support of redirection process
- Previous experience with royalty accounting, income tracking or revenue assurance in the music industry
- Strong analytical mindset
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
It’s a plus if you have knowledge in SQL and/or BI software (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Power BI)
What’s In It For You
- Enjoy flexibility with our hybrid setup: 3 days in office, 2 days remote.
- Experience peace of mind knowing that our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage has got you covered.
- Maximize your savings with our dollar-for-dollar 401(k) match of up to 6% after your first year.
- Say goodbye to accruing vacation days or hitting a cap; take time off when you need it with our flexible time off policy!
- Save money and time with our commuter benefits program.
- Stay healthy and earn financial rewards with our fitness reimbursement program and wellness incentives.
- Find your inner peace and boost your mental wellbeing with a complimentary subscription to the popular meditation app, Headspace.
- Access well-being support 24/7 through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Kick off your weekends early with Summer Fridays.
- Unlock your potential with development opportunities, including mentorship programs and LinkedIn Learning.
- Be inspired by our talented artists at our showcases and playbacks.
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
We are an E-Verify employer. For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s fresh approach includes production music, films, books, artist management, merchandise, neighboring rights, and live as well as music publishing and recordings off the same service platform. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with. www.bmg.com
Company: BMG Rights Management (US) LLC
Country: United States of America
Postal Code: 37203
Job ID: 263652