Come As You Are
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
Manager, Income Tracking
Every day, BMG enters into new Administrative deals and Catalog purchases. All new signings and purchases are then carefully reviewed to determine redirection efforts required.
As Manager, Income Tracking your primary mission is supporting income redirection efforts as related to newly BMG signed administrative deals and/or newly acquired catalogs. This position will also be responsible for Live Performance registrations on behalf of BMG writers/artists such as Aerosmith, Hall & Oates, ZZ top, Tool, The National and many more. Jingle Performance registrations as related to BMG content embodied in TV Commercials and Movie Trailers. This position will also support a number of additional income tracking efforts for both Publishing and Master related tasks.
Are you driven and ready to grow a career in the music business?
Are you interested in professional development and technological training on the job?
Would you like to be part of a talented team of music professionals from around the world delivering the best to their clients?
BMG’s Incoming Tracking team has a 360°view of the music business and works closely with a wide remit of departments and foreign affiliate offices. The successful candidate will gain invaluable exposure into the workings of a global music business.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is eager to learn; if you are an organized, self-motivated music lover who enjoys detective work and deep-diving into data then this could be the dream job for you!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Support of redirection process
As part of redirection process ensure and monitor flow-through receipts (from client’s previous admins)
- Monitor and claim Jingles income with US PROs
- Monitor and claim missing Live Performance income with US PROs
- Monitor and claim Neighboring Rights income with SoundExchange
- Monitor, claim and perform variance analysis to detect missing Client income
- Establish relationships with 3rd party sources (Labels, Publishers & Client Business Managers)
- Work documentation and tracking as related to all assigned tasks
- Work closely with other departments (Admin, Royalties, LBA, Finance) and foreign affiliates to address tracking inquires.
- You have experience with royalty accounting, income tracking or, similar areas within Music industry
- You have a strong analytical mindset and exceptional attention to detail
- You have advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are highly pro-active and thrive working autonomously
It’s a plus if you have knowledge in SQL and/or BI software (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Power BI)
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
What’s In It For You
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Hybrid working environment (3 days in office, 2 days from home)
- Flexible time off
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and access to Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s fresh approach includes production music, films, books, artist management, merchandise, neighboring rights, and live as well as music publishing and recordings off the same service platform.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr.
With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with. www.bmg.com
Company: BMG Rights Management (US) LLC
Country: United States of America
Postal Code: 37203