We are seeking a highly motivated Income Tracking Manager, who is able to stay organised and keep pace in a busy Royalties team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the detection and recovery of missing income streams, ensuring that income due to BMG’s clients for use of their songs in film or TV gets paid timely and accurately.
The ideal candidate must have experience of the music industry, be a strong communicator and able to manage a varied and full workload whilst working to strict deadlines. They must be able to display excellent attention to detail skills and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
They will also be a highly committed team player, keen to be part of the world’s fastest growing music company, BMG.
- Reviewing and analysing income streams
- Carrying out data analysis and tracking of royalties
- Providing detailed analysis of income received from societies, 3rdparty income providers, identifying and resolving any potential issues (where relevant)
- Monitoring releases to enable the analysis of income received for clients
- Tracking incoming payment of claims and following up on unpaid claims
- Assisting in identifying and implementing the expansion of existing analysis and tracking activities and process improvements
- Analysing income, trends and industry factors to help drive the focus of the department and seek out new data streams to maximise efficiency and income tracking potential
- Providing support to ad-hoc analysis tasks within the business
- Maintaining the chart tracker
- Building strong relationships with BMG’s Income Tracking teams across all international territories, as well as other UK teams, such as Copyright, Royalties and Frontline Recordings etc.
- Liaising with external collection societies
- Experience in the music industry
- Experience in music royalties would be desirable
- Critical thinker
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Takes pride in and ensures work is of an excellent quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office packages (Outlook, Word) with intermediate Excel skills
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise, manage a varied and full workload and work to strict deadlines
- Team player
- Resilient, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Highly motivated with the ability to keep pace in a very busy office
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong interest in and passion for music
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age.
That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our artists receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
BMG The New Music Company.
If you’re excited by this opportunity and can demonstrate the required skills and experience then please apply by emailing email@example.com with your CV and a covering email.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Closing Date: 28th January 2018
BMG is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.