We are looking for a Manager (f/m/d) Global Recordings Marketing Europe to join our Recordings team in Berlin.
By joining the Global Recordings team, you will have a unique opportunity to participate in the processes of setting up, creating, and implementing marketing and promotional strategies on an international scale. You will gain experience in a fast-paced and global entertainment industry, sharpening your organisational skills and interacting with colleagues who hold a variety of positions in the music business as well as with artist managers.
You will be responsible for coordination & management of international frontline releases in Continental Europe. Your primary tasks will include the followings:
- Creating, implementing, and managing international release strategies, building on label campaigns
- Collection and monitoring of international marketing and promotion plans as well as budgets
- Monitor international release schedule and on time delivery of assets with repertoire sources
- Developing strong working relationships with artists, artist management, marketing colleagues and relevant contacts, incl. external PR teams, in international markets, across the global BMG business
- Communicating all aspects of a release to international markets and agreed internal & external distribution lists
- Proactive support of Continental European marketing team to ensure all opportunities are maximized
- Liaising with repertoire owners to relay market requirements, for example local adaptation of tools
- Monitoring international campaigns on key projects and providing regular detailed reports on focus projects as determined by the team leader
- You have relevant marketing and/or project management experience within a music company or artist management company.
- You are a service orientated team player, with project management and organizational skills.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- You are familiar with digital marketing strategies and trends.
- You are fluent in English and proficient in German, any additional language is a plus.
- Last but not least, are you passionate about current music trends and legendary artists across multiple genres.
Now let’s see what’s in it for you
- The unique BMG culture, empowering and driven by strong values
- A 21st century working environment, collaborative and flexible
- Benefits like a bright and newly renovated office in the heart of Berlin, a BVG jobticket, a Headspace membership, work from home regulations and many more
- A commitment to help team members develop long-term careers at BMG with in-house training and the renowned Bertelsmann University
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for working for artists and songwriters
What you should know about us
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann.
Come as you are
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
(BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.)
Are you interested? Then send us your application and all the convincing arguments why you are the right person to get this job.
Please feel free to apply in either German or English.