BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately. We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
About BMG Films
Drawing from the rich BMG catalog and taking inspiration from the storytelling of songwriting, BMG Films works with artists to produce authentic and inspired music programming bringing to fruition their creative vision. Whether it is documentary, TV show or concert film, BMG Films partners with the best filmmakers, TV producers and directors to offer curation, financing and production services aligned with global market trends.
Your Mission at BMG
Your primary mission is to oversee the exploitation of BMG Films’ existing catalog of documentaries, concert films and TV shows. You will identify titles for release, develop commercial strategies and coordinate with key stakeholders to implement marketing rollouts. You will be part product manager, part deal maker, and a key part of BMG’s growing global Films team.
- You have a passion for music and music content.
- You have a deep understanding of an ever-evolving Film & TV media landscape.
- You have experience with the global exploitation of audiovisual content encompassing licensing, marketing and commercial strategy.
- You will have a strong network of production, sales and marketing partners and are comfortable working directly with artist management teams.
- You enjoy working in a team and as a self-starter, adept at successfully delivering on project KPI’s.
- You have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to track and follow through on multiple concurrent projects to completion.
- You are a strong communicator, comfortable at distilling project info into summaries and reports for senior executives.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Identify titles from the BMG Films catalog for release – be it for TVOD, SVOD, broadcast or event-theatrical.
- Research artist milestones and other marketing event tie-ins around which to build release campaigns.
- Work with artist management, rights holders and other key stakeholders to develop release plans, build budgets and create marketing proposals as necessary.
- Execute release plan, supervise social media marketing and promotion, coordinate with relevant BMG teams and external partners.
- Track performance, summarize insights and deliver regular market reports.
- Build and manage relationships with distribution partners.
- Build and manage relationships with marketing/promotion partners.
- Work with internal BMG teams as needed across Operations, Finance, Legal and Royalties.
- Maintain detailed rights trackers covering inbound and outbound licenses.
- Oversee the development of BMG Films marketing materials including showreels, pitch documents and other relevant assets as needed.
- 5 years’ experience working at a record label, production company, studio or similar media company in licensing, marketing or product roles, with particular focus on the exploitation of audiovisual content.
- Deep understanding of music and film rights and knowledge of the current film &TV platform landscape.
- Strong organizational, administrative and analytical skills.
- Experience with international campaigns and global releases a plus.
What’s In It For You
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages.
- Two weeks’ vacation in year one; three weeks’ vacation in year two.
- $500 fitness reimbursement.
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and access to Lynda.com.
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company.
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music.
Here at BMG we are committed to equal employment opportunity and so all applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
BMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.