BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately. We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
Your Mission at BMG
Your primary mission is to be the one of the main digital marketing components in BMG’s New York office – leading campaigns and activations, reporting into the Senior Manager, Digital Marketing NY and working with the Coordinator, Digital Marketing NY. You will be responsible for digital marketing campaigns for a diverse array of artists and projects, whilst looking to build and manage a team to support all facets of the New York based frontline recordings, including international artists entering the US market. You’ll need to build innovative social media strategies, book in digital advertising campaigns and help with logistics of how an artist appears online. You’ll be part of a global digital team that aligns closely with colleagues in digital sales, streaming and YouTube both locally and internationally.
- You have experience in digital marketing, preferably in the music industry
- You have experience managing social media campaigns and booking online advertising, ideally with knowledge of Facebook Business Manager and Google Ads
- You are a creative thinker able to confidently manage an artist’s online presence and come up with exciting digital initiatives.
- You are cutting edge and stay up to date with the latest trends and tech.
- You are practical and organized, familiar with music industry tools for analytics, smart-linking, advertising, social posting, etc.
- You are comfortable working in a team and are a self-starter.
- Your time management skills allow you to meet deadlines easily.
- You have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to track and follow through on multiple concurrent projects to completion.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Digital marketing campaigns and strategy, including social media strategy and digital activations.
- Digital advertising, including direct booking via Facebook Business Manager and Google Ads
- Representing the New York digital marketing team both internally to BMG and externally to management and artist clients.
- Managing and leading any 3rd party partners for social media, content and creative.
- Working on day-to-day digital operations, including smart linking, channel uploads, content management, etc.
- Providing reporting and analysis on campaign progress, highlighting areas of success or for development to marketing team and product owners.
- Being prepared, organized and active for store turns and product launches.
- Forming strong relationships with platform partners and artist management.
- Constantly liaising and communicating with product mangers and marketing team for local and international repertoire.
- Consistently liaising and communicating with digital sales colleagues to deliver aligned strategies.
- Contributing to the global digital marketing team with learnings, developments and experiences.
- Assisting the Senior Manager, Digital Marketing on team management, including priorities and tasks for the department coordinator
- Adhering and contributing to the overall US digital marketing strategy.
- Helping the digital marketing team to succeed globally for BMG.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably but not restricted to the following areas: music/creative/media/communication industries
- Over two years of experience in digital marketing, preferably in the music industry.
- Technical understanding of social media platforms, inc Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Triller, etc.
- Some understanding of digital advertising, inc skills with Facebook Business Manager, Google Ads, knowledge of retargeting and tracking.
- Practical experience with digital music tools inc smart-linking (e.g Linkfire), analytics (e.g Chartmetric, Crowdtangle), charting (Nielson)
- Some experience and understanding with image and video editing, ideally Adobe Suite programs like Photoshop and Premiere.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Respectful, honest and confident communication skills, happy to work within a team and manage others.
- Passion for, and a knowledge of, the music industry including being well versed in a variety of genres and up to date on music industry status quo.
What’s In It For You
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Two weeks’ vacation in year one; three weeks’ vacation in year two
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and access to Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
Here at BMG we are committed to equal employment opportunity and so all applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender expression or identity, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
BMG is the new model music company founded by Bertelsmann in 2008 as a direct response to the challenges of music’s digital revolution. Key to its innovative approach is the fact it represents the traditionally separate music publishing and recording rights off the same state-of-the-art platform internationally. BMG is already the world’s fourth biggest music publisher and the first new global player in the recordings business in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 14 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 2,5m songs and recordings, including the catalogues of Chrysalis, Bug, Virgin, Mute, Sanctuary, Primary Wave and Talpa Music, as well as literally thousands of artists and songwriters attracted by its fresh approach. BMG is owned by international media company Bertelsmann, which also includes the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House, the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr, the service provider Arvato, the Bertelsmann Printing Group, the Bertelsmann Education Group, and Bertelsmann Investments, an international network of funds. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.
International offices are located in Berlin (HQ), Los Angeles, New York City, Nashville, Paris, Hilversum, London, Madrid, Milan, Stockholm, Sydney, Beijing, Sao Paulo