Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
Manager, Digital Marketing
Your primary role at BMG’s Los Angeles office is to serve as a key component of the digital marketing team. You will lead campaigns and activations, reporting directly to the Senior Manager of Digital Marketing LA, while collaborating closely with the Digital Marketing Coordinator. Your responsibilities encompass overseeing digital marketing campaigns for a diverse range of artists and projects.
Additionally, you will be tasked with building and managing a team to support various aspects of frontline recordings based in Los Angeles.
In this role, you will need to craft innovative social media strategies, coordinate digital advertising campaigns, and play a pivotal role in shaping how artists are presented online. As part of a global digital team, you will work in close collaboration with colleagues in digital sales, streaming, and YouTube, both locally and internationally. This position involves close collaboration with a selection of Hip-Hop and R&B artists. Hence, a strong interest in these genres is highly preferred.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Digital marketing campaigns and strategy, including social media strategy and digital activations.
- Digital advertising, including direct booking via Facebook Business Manager and Google Ads
- Managing and leading any 3rd party partners for social media, content and creative.
- Providing reporting and analysis on campaign progress, highlighting areas of success or for development to marketing team and product owners.
- Being prepared, organized and active for store turns and product launches.
- Forming strong relationships with platform partners and artist management.
- Constantly liaising and communicating with product managers and marketing team for local repertoire.
- Contributing to the global digital marketing team with learnings, developments and experiences.
- Assisting the Senior Manager, Digital Marketing on team management, including priorities and tasks for the department coordinator
- Adhering and contributing to the overall US digital marketing strategy.
- Experience in digital marketing, preferably in the music industry.
- Technical understanding of social media platforms, inc Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, Tik Tok, etc.
- Basic understanding of digital advertising, inc skills with Facebook Business Manager, Google Ads, knowledge of retargeting and tracking.
- Practical experience with digital music tools inc smart-linking (e.g Linkfire), analytics (e.g Chartmetric, Crowdtangle), charting (Nielson)
A plus, not a must: experience with and expertise in hip-hop and R&B / some experience and understanding with image and video editing, ideally Adobe Suite programs such as photoshop and premiere.
What’s In It For You
- Enjoy flexibility with our hybrid setup: 3 days in office, 2 days remote.
- Experience peace of mind knowing that our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage has got you covered.
- Maximize your savings with our dollar-for-dollar 401(k) match of up to 6% after your first year.
- Say goodbye to accruing vacation days or hitting a cap; take time off when you need it with our flexible time off policy!
- Save money and time with our commuter benefits program.
- Stay healthy and earn financial rewards with our fitness reimbursement program and wellness incentives.
- Find your inner peace and boost your mental wellbeing with a complimentary subscription to the popular meditation app, Headspace.
- Access well-being support 24/7 through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Kick off your weekends early with Summer Fridays.
- Unlock your potential with development opportunities, including mentorship programs and LinkedIn Learning.
- Be inspired by our talented artists at our showcases and playbacks.
$65,000 – $70,000 per annum
The pay range listed above is dependent upon factors such as work experience, qualifications and business needs. In addition to the range above, this role is eligible for a discretionary annual bonus and applicable benefits.
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
We are an E-Verify employer. For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
BMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s fresh approach includes production music, films, books, artist management, merchandise, neighboring rights, and live as well as music publishing and recordings off the same service platform. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with. www.bmg.com
Company: BMG Rights Management (US) LLC
Country: United States of America
City: Los Angeles
Postal Code: 90036
Job ID: 264377