We are a growing international music company that offers a friendly and collaborative working environment with great benefits and a leadership team who values every employee
Our mission is to be a better kind of music business. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximise the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our artists receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or record label – although we offer both services.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
We are a division of the Bertelsmann Group which includes Penguin Random House, RTL Group and Arvato.
We are looking for a Manager – Digital Marketing to join our Frontline Marketing – New Recordings department. Reporting to the Director of Digital marketing the roles purpose is to create and manage digital marketing campaigns for the UK market, for both UK and international artists. You will be managing day to day activities of social media co-ordination colleagues and digital interns.
You will be responsible for…
- Managing artist’s online presence, including tone of voice and online appearance in order to provide dynamic campaigns that stand out.
- Taking a hands on approach to social media management, including structuring and creating social media campaigns with the artist and artist management.
- Utilising wider opportunities and tools to maximise artist visibility or style online, including influencer campaigns, media partnerships and marketing opportunities.
- Working hand in hand with product management and marketing teams to deliver creative alignment with campaign strategy.
- Creating, maintaining and managing online advertising campaigns across Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Google Adwords and other platforms in line with BMG’s in-house strategy.
- Creating, or managing the creation of, online content & assets i.e. social images and video, websites, landing pages or marketing activations.
- Building strong relationships with artist managers and artists directly to provide knowledge, resource and advice on digital marketing – as well as with key campaign partners i.e social media influences
- Providing frequent and relevant reporting on all aspects including social media statistics, advertising performance and other analytics to colleagues, artist managers and campaign partners.
- Managing social media co-ordination and digital intern staff when applicable.
The ‘Must haves’
- Experience of working in digital marketing within the music industry
- Working knowledge of online and digital marketing, including social media channels and trends
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Premiere and other Adobe suite tools
- Experience using WordPress or other CMS
- Data analysis including Google Analytics etc.
- Strong communicator who is confident to build collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficient in Excel and Office suite
- Enthusiasm and knowledge of wider technology trends
- Excellent attention to detail and good written English grammar
- Highly organised with the ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities and demanding timeframes
- Love for music!
The ‘Nice to haves’
- Educated to degree level with a specific English or Marketing qualification
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment