Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
Manager, Creative Synch
As part of the BMG Creative Synch team, you will be working in a fast-paced environment to service all areas of the BMG catalog. That includes both frontline and catalog for BMG Recorded as well as BMG Publishing. Based in New York City, your primary focus will be to help secure synchs in the advertising industry—and you will also work closely in tandem with the entire Creative Synch team.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Pitching BMG repertoire to the advertising media.
- Assist with various new business initiatives (research, outreach, ad agency showcases, etc.) pertaining to the advertising industry.
- Attending / organizing advertising industry events and BMG artist performances.
- Work in tandem with BMG A&R/catalog/label teams and international synch teams in securing synch friendly repertoire.
- Work in tandem with BMG Bespoke team on the creation of new synch-friendly content.
- Create internal tools/playlists as needed and circulate incoming audio internally.
- You have experience working in synch within a label or publisher.
- You have firsthand experience with pitching music to music supervisors.
- Familiarity with the US advertising industry as it pertains to music
- You have strong follow-up and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interface with high-level personnel.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced/high-volume environment, with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks.
What’s In It For You.
- Hybrid working environment – 3 days in office, 2 days work from home.
- Robust medical, dental and vision packages.
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company.
- Flexible time off policy – no caps, no accruals!
- Annual fitness reimbursement and options to earn financial rewards through completing qualified wellness activities.
- Commuter benefits.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program offering 24/7 wellbeing support.
- Summer Fridays.
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including internal trainings, mentorship programs, access to Linkedin Learning and more!
- Artist showcases and playbacks
It’s a plus (not a must), if you also have pre-existing relationships in the music supervision and/or advertising space.
$60,000 – 67,000 per annum
The pay range listed above is dependent upon factors such as work experience, qualifications and business needs. In addition to the range above, this role is eligible for a discretionary annual bonus and applicable benefits.
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s fresh approach includes production music, films, books, artist management, merchandise, neighboring rights, and live as well as music publishing and recordings off the same service platform. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with. www.bmg.com