BMG Production Music (BMGPM) is the world’s fastest-growing production music company servicing the film, broadcast, games and advertising industries. BMGPM is sculpting new ways to connect creatives with composers, offering online access to a curated catalogue of around 500,000 tracks spanning all genres. It’s custom music division can also produce tailor-made music prepared by BMG signed artists and songwriters for any project needing a personalized soundtrack. The operation includes offices in London, Los Angeles, Paris, Sydney, Berlin, New York, Singapore, Hong Kong and Amsterdam. BMG Production Music is fully-owned by new music company BMG, the world’s fourth biggest music publisher and the first new global player in the recordings business in decades.
Your Mission at BMG
The relationships between BMG Production Music and our clients are fundamentally cultivated through sound, and we understand the story isn’t complete without a distinct sonic identity. We collaborate with our clients and our global network of creative partners to deliver the music they need, when they need it.
As a full-service sound agency, we are sculpting a new way to connect with and serve our clients. We know each one of them is unique and we tailor every interaction to fit their specific requirements. In short, we look to thrill our clients with everything we do.
We are looking for a dynamic, energetic, charismatic music lover to join the team as a Sales & Creative Manager. The person taking this role would be a team player with the spirit of a leader to help build strength and traction in the Los Angeles area specifically within the TV world.
- You will join an established team of some of the industry’s most respected players and bring your own unique experience in the world of licensing for production music or have worked sales for a music house. Strong knowledge of production music.
- Dependable team player who has the ability to multi-task.
- Self-starter who is highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Go getter with out of the box strategizing skills.
- Natural ability for immaculate customer service.
- Strong communication & networking skills.
- Creative mindset especially when catering to clients.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Daily interaction with clients serving their music and licensing needs, including creating a variety of music playlists and samplers to support client productions.
- Researching future productions and client music needs to provide guidance and direction to our creative team.
- Manage creative input from clients, staff, market trends/needs and other sources to provide feedback for the music production team.
- Attend events and gatherings to meet and build relations across the industry.
- Updating a client’s CRM profile consistent with company guidelines after each contact or activity.
- Visiting client offices and attending trade-shows/conferences on behalf of the company.
- Collaborate and work with team members across all of the company’s functional areas to ensure that our client’s needs are served, including working with our creative team to fulfill client music requests.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a client facing role in a production music library or within the TV media industry.
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
- Ready built relationships within the television industry.
What’s In It For You
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Two weeks’ vacation in year one; three weeks’ vacation in year two
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and access to Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
Here at BMG we are committed to equal employment opportunity and so all applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
BMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
BMG is the new model music company founded by Bertelsmann in 2008 as a direct response to the challenges of music’s digital revolution. Key to its innovative approach is the fact it represents the traditionally separate music publishing and recording rights off the same state-of-the-art platform internationally. BMG is already the world’s fourth biggest music publisher and the first new global player in the recordings business in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 14 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 2,5m songs and recordings, including the catalogues of Chrysalis, Bug, Virgin, Mute, Sanctuary, Primary Wave and Talpa Music, as well as literally thousands of artists and songwriters attracted by its fresh approach. BMG is owned by international media company Bertelsmann, which also includes the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House, the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr, the service provider Arvato, the Bertelsmann Printing Group, the Bertelsmann Education Group, and Bertelsmann Investments, an international network of funds. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.
International offices are located in Berlin (HQ), Los Angeles, New York City, Nashville, Paris, Hilversum, London, Madrid, Milan, Stockholm, Sydney, Beijing, Sao Paulo