A New Music Company for Mexico
BMG is opening a new Latin America hub in Mexico and we’re looking to build our team. As the first new international music company of the streaming age, we do things a little differently – putting the interests of artists and songwriters at the heart of all we do.
Representing the work of music legends including Tina Turner, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, Mötley Crüe, Roger Waters, Bryan Adams and Carlos Santana as well as DJ Khaled, Juice WRLD and thousands of others, we aim to offer the most modern, efficient, fair and transparent service to artists and songwriters.
We are seeking:
Your Mission at BMG.
Your primary mission is to be responsible for all aspects of song, contract and agreement administration for local and international BMG repertoire.
You’ll be supporting international repertoire administration and be the sole point-person for local writers and their repertoire.
This is an exciting new position that will provide a varied workload and regular international collaboration.
What You’ll Be Doing.
- Support Re-registration of BMG international repertoire to BMG Mexico for all relevant societies and digital providers
- Liase with societies and digital providers, local point of contact
- Monitor and prioritize re-registration locally and support counterclaims resolution process
- Registration of local repertoire according to local society requirements
- Set-Up of Song, Writer and Agreement details in data management system
- Set-Up of Contract details in system and monitor options, restrictions
- Set-Up of Client details and local payment requirements
- Point Person for local writers & their repertoire
- Issue single songs agreements & co-publishing agreements as legally required
- Clarify publishing details and splits
- Support international repertoire administration
- Point Person for inquiries from societies
- Counterclaims and query coordination with Copyright Shared services team
- Support Cue-Sheet and AV registration
- Manage approval requests for arrangements, translations
- Support management, legal, royalties, finance and synch teams with administrative issues
- During start-up phase support all administrative related queries and coordinate with headoffice & US teams
- Actively drive the local set-up of the copyright function at BMG Mexcio
- You have a love of music and keen interest in copyright.
- Previous experience and business knowledge of local and international copyright, ideally gained from a collections society or international music publisher.
- You are positive, pro-active and have the ability to work independently.
- You thrive in a fast-paced setting and have the ability to (and take enjoyment in!) juggling and prioritizing a high volume of tasks.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- Fluent in both English and Spanish (written and verbal)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is a plus, but not essential.
What’s In It For You.
- Part of a thriving and dynamic global Copyright team
- Joining a growing company with noteworthy Recorded and Publishing repertoire
- The unique BMG culture, empowering and driven by strong values
- A 21st century working environment, collaborative and flexible working
- A commitment to help team members develop long-term careers at BMG with in-house training and the renowned Bertelsmann University
- Subscription to Headspace
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately. We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.