Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
Manager, Copyright & Mechanical Royalties
Your objective is to ensure the upkeep of our Mechanical Royalty data and clients, while delivering exceptional accounting services and top-notch customer support to these clients. Additionally, you will act as a crucial point of contact within our organization, liaising with the A&R, Finance, and Royalty Services teams, addressing any inquiries or tasks. Your approach to this role should involve developing solutions and resolving issues effectively.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Manage the Mechanical Royalties department and processes.
- Validate and ingest large amounts of royalty split information.
- Maintain royalty reports and dashboards.
- Maintain large datasets that contain publisher, payee, song split, and license information.
- Analyze royalty calculations to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare quarterly payment due lists and royalty reconciliations.
- Collaborate to establish cross organizational processes and procedures.
- Serve as the point-of-contact both internally and externally for all inquiries regarding Mechanical Royalties.
- Maintain effective lines of communication with external publishers and clients.
- Perform any other duties and tasks related to the department’s role and responsibilities that might be assignedby the team’s management from time to time.
Rate Sheet Administration:
- Setting up publishers and song splits based on the Rate Sheets and Licenses submitted by the Mechanical Licensing Team.
- Working closely with the Mechanical Licensing Team to ensure that licenses are secured and set up correctly.
- Prepare, review, and deliver client statements and payments on a quarterly basis.
- Review Royalty statements and data to ensure quality control and analyze variances.
- Reconcile royalty and payment data to maintain transparency and accuracy.
- Working closely with the Finance and Royalty Services teams to ensure a smooth distribution.
- Review Unlicensed, Error, and Held Client reports and take action accordingly.
- Perform regular reviews of existing song split and publisher information as new information is received.
- Research and analyze split or rate discrepancies.
- Update royalty system with correct/updated information.
- Quantify royalty variance and input adjustment(s) into system.
- Previous experience in royalty in a music company.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel is required, demonstrating understanding with VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, and various other formulas and functions.
- Strong communication and presentation skills both verbally and written.
It’s a plus if you also have experience in Record Maestro, SQL, SAP, Looker, and Python and a Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Music Business, Accounting, or Finance) is beneficial.
What’s In It For You
- Enjoy flexibility with our hybrid setup: 3 days in office, 2 days remote.
- Experience peace of mind knowing that our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage has got you covered.
- Maximize your savings with our dollar-for-dollar 401(k) match of up to 6% after your first year.
- Say goodbye to accruing vacation days or hitting a cap; take time off when you need it with our flexible time off policy!
- Save money and time with our commuter benefits program.
- Stay healthy and earn financial rewards with our fitness reimbursement program and wellness incentives.
- Find your inner peace and boost your mental wellbeing with a complimentary subscription to the popular meditation app, Headspace.
- Access well-being support 24/7 through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Kick off your weekends early with Summer Fridays.
- Unlock your potential with development opportunities, including mentorship programs and LinkedIn Learning.
- Be inspired by our talented artists at our showcases and playbacks.
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
We are an E-Verify employer. For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one.
Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s fresh approach includes production music, films, books, artist management, merchandise, neighboring rights, and live as well as music publishing and recordings off the same service platform.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with. www.bmg.com
Company: BMG Rights Management (US) LLC
Country: United States of America
Postal Code: 37203
Job ID: 261293
Location: Nashville, TN, US, 37203