Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
Manager, Copyright Administration
Your mission is to serve as the Info Services process lead for the US Copyright Administration team. You will serve as a key contact and service provider for many BMG departments and will interact and communicate with external clients to assist in providing the highest level of service. You will collaborate with international colleagues from various departments to ensure our global strategy. Your approach to the task is creating solutions and solving problems.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Manage internal and external inquiries supported by the Copyright Team
- Support process for all chain of title and infringement work.
- Maintain and develop relationships with BMG customers and partners including, but not limited to writers, clients, PROs/CMOs, co-publishers, record labels and industry organizations.
- Test software, including new versions of BMG applications and document results
- Engage in and handle ongoing processes or ad-hoc projects as business needs dictates
- Previous experience in music publishing and copyright administration.
- Basic understanding of music publishing and copyright administration, and a strong understanding of industry practices.
- Ability to articulate and explain complex information, adapting presentation and focus to varying audiences
- You have strong research capabilities and are able to interpret and summarize music publishing contracts.
- You have an exceptional attention for detail and the ability to track and follow through on multiple concurrent projects to completion.
- You are very collaborative with the ability to be flexible and respond positively to change and new ideas.
- You’re a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and effectively follow through under pressure and/or tight deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
It’s a plus if you also have a Bachelor’s degree, ideally within Music Business.
What’s In It For You?
- Enjoy flexibility with our hybrid setup: 3 days in office, 2 days remote.
- Experience peace of mind knowing that our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage has got you covered.
- Maximize your savings with our dollar-for-dollar 401(k) match of up to 6% after your first year.
- Say goodbye to accruing vacation days or hitting a cap; take time off when you need it with our flexible time off policy!
- Save money and time with our commuter benefits program.
- Stay healthy and earn financial rewards with our fitness reimbursement program and wellness incentives.
- Find your inner peace and boost your mental wellbeing with a complimentary subscription to the popular meditation app, Headspace.
- Access well-being support 24/7 through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Kick off your weekends early with Summer Fridays.
- Unlock your potential with development opportunities, including mentorship programs and LinkedIn Learning.
- Be inspired by our talented artists at our showcases and playbacks.
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s fresh approach includes production music, films, books, artist management, merchandise, neighboring rights, and live as well as music publishing and recordings off the same service platform. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with. www.bmg.com
Company: BMG Rights Management (US) LLC
Country: United States of America
Postal Code: 37203
Job ID: 259665