We are looking for an experienced Licensing Manager to join our Recordings Catalogue Licensing team.
The successful candidate will assist in the management and exploitation of the BMG recordings catalogue through sub-licensing, cover-mounts, premiums, sample clearance, catalogue licensing and other appropriate licensing activities.
You are a highly committed team player, keen to be part of the world’s fastest growing music company, BMG.
- To deal directly with master licensing applications submitted to BMG, including, but not limited to, compilations, artist collections, sampling, cover-mounts and premiums
- To negotiate business terms with licensees (where applicable) and monitor advances and royalties to ensure that they are within the agreed terms, with the aim of improving them where possible
- Draft, issue and agree Heads of Agreements and contracts for and with licensees
- Generate label copy for licensee compilations and ensure accurate label copy is issued, including checking writer/publisher credits against MCPS database
- Maintain overall licensing and artist/label approval schedules
- When required, work with the Royalties and Finance teams to assist in the collection of advances and royalties
- Develop and maintain effective commercial relationships with licensee partners and artists
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with artists, managers and internal label partners
- You have at least two years’ experience of music licensing, either in a major or independent company
- You are highly organised and self-motivated
- You are able to build effective and collaborative working relationships, both internally and externally
- You are able to prioritise and manage time efficiently
- You can professionally manage and adjust to an ever-changing day to day workload
About the Department
The Recordings Catalogue Licensing department is responsible for the global management and exploitation of the US, UK and Australian recordings catalogues owned by BMG via track and single artist licensing, sample and remix clearance, merchandising and image clearance. It is also responsible for the clearance of BMG and third party repertoire used on our own digital and physical releases.
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our artists receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
BMG The New Music Company.
If you are excited by this opportunity and have the skills and experience we’re looking for please email [email protected] with your CV and a covering email.
Closing Date: 31st March 2017
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability.