We have an exciting opportunity to join our HR team here in our London office! This is a 12-month Fixed Term Contract to cover a maternity leave.
We are looking for a hands-on individual with broad HR knowledge, with a particular focus on Learning and Development, as well as a passion for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. You will have a track record of working within a fast-paced, creative and international environment and you will be able to confidently advise and support managers at all levels.
You will champion BMG’s efforts to develop and retain our best talent. You will be responsible for building positive relationships with stakeholders across the business in order to deliver a positive and people-focus employee experience throughout the talent life cycle, from induction and onboarding of employees to their ongoing growth and development.
YOUR MISSION AT BMG:
To provide high-quality service, offering timely and pragmatic advice and guidance, and act as an effective business partner to your client groups. To design and develop learning initiatives for managers and employees in the UK and APAC to empower inclusive leadership and support our teams with their individual career paths. Be an ambassador for our core values of Fairness, Service and Transparency for the business!
- Develop, deliver and evaluate training programmes to support teams to achieve performance expectations including manager ‘how to’ sessions, business skills, inclusion and HR toolkit workshops for all employees, including the use of e-learning options already available
- Develop and implement progressive physical and mental wellbeing initiatives in line with Wellbeing strategy
- Coordinate annual performance review and goal setting processes and support managers in completing reviews effectively through workshops and other learning tools
- Managing new hire induction and onboarding experiences for new employees
- Engage with third party suppliers when applicable to design and deploy suitable solutions
- Manage the annual mentoring programme and the bi-annual BMG Executive Coaching programme
- Develop career planning and mapping tools for employees that enable them to see a clear progression route.
- Proactively manage communication regarding L&D to all levels of employees
- Manage entry-level programmes to ensure trainees are given the skills and support needed to make the most of their learning experience at BMG
HR Business Partnering
- Provide timely, pragmatic and professional HR advice and guidance to stakeholders in line with HR policies, procedures and initiatives
- Manage all administration for your client groups and projects, including monthly payroll process and managing HR trackers, with support from the HR Coordinator and Apprentice
- Passion and enthusiasm for HR & L&D with an analytical and pragmatic approach
- Creative thinker with a can-do attitude, who has experience of operating independently in an HR or L&D focused environment.
- People skills, able to build rapport quickly across all business groups and levels
- Organizational skills – strong planning, organizational development, and problem-solving skills
- Coaching, mentoring and feedback skills, with the ability to motivate and influence others
- Solid and concise communicator, confident in delivering presentations and leading meetings
- Able to collect, gather, and analyse data and present concise actionable results
- Experience with Learning Management Systems and eLearning design
- Employment law knowledge and employee relations experience
- Passionate about making a difference with the desire to have a real impact and make positive change in the business
Salary: £45,000 – £50,000 dependent on how your skills and experience align to the role, plus benefits.
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Flexible working opportunities
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Subscription to Headspace
- Give As You Earn Scheme
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment
Founded in 2008, BMG is already the world’s fourth biggest music publisher and the first new global player in the recordings business in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 19 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 3m songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters attracted by its fresh approach which now includes production music, film and books as well as music publishing and recordings.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.
We want all applicants to perform to their full potential throughout the recruitment process. To ensure you are able to perform to your full potential, we are easily able to offer reasonable adjustments. If you require support with your application or would benefit from reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process do not hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected] or on +44 7909409082.
As a Disability Confident Committed organisation, we’re part of the offer an interview scheme. This is where disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role can opt in to get to the next recruitment stage.
We are happy to discuss the possibility of reduced hours, hybrid working, or flexible start and finish times We can’t always accommodate every request, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.