We are looking for an experienced label manager to manage repetoire, product and marketing for an allocated roster of artist or label catalogues.
The person in the role will creatively and commercially manage the performance of roster across all appropriate revenue streams; Prepare a comprehensive range of catalogue initiatives including streaming opportunities as well as physical and digital product releases; Produce effective marketing strategies for roster; and Deliver campaigns that ensure artist profile, commercial and promotional objectives are met. If this sounds like the role for you, apply below!
Repertoire and Product Management
- Proposing appropriate catalogue initiatives including streaming, physical and digital product concepts and campaigns for allocated roster to agreed deadlines and within budget.
- Developing and managing project P&Ls for each initiative or product to ensure commercial viability.
- Implementing digital consumption and optimisation initiatives, liaising with the Catalogue Optimisation and Streaming teams to ensure allocated repertoire is effectively presented.
- Identifying and liaise with licensors, the Legal and Business
- Affairs team and in-house Licensing team to secure all necessary approvals and clearances where required.
Managing the creative process including design, content preparation and mastering through to delivery of finished artwork and production masters.
- Proposing and managing the agreed marketing strategy for designated artists, releases, digital initiatives / playlisting, labels etc.
- Liaising with Digital Marketing and International Marketing teams to deliver campaigns.
- Proposing and managing ideas for increasing catalogue consumption e.g. direct-to-consumer (D2C) initiatives, brand tie-ins, D2C
- Tracking product and campaign performance to targets including updating P&Ls.
- Ensuring compliance with all legal and/or finance-related contractual obligations or other regulations, seeking appropriate guidance or advice from Legal and Business Affairs, Finance or senior managers where necessary.
- Being aware of the wider music and entertainment market – keeping up to date with music, entertainment and creative industry business developments, including digital technology and products, applying knowledge appropriately.
- Product / Marketing Management experience in the music industry, including Streaming and Physical formats.
- Management of marketing campaigns for physical and digital products or initiatives.
- Ability to generate product concept ideas and manage through to implementation (including marketing of the product or initiative)
- In depth music catalogue knowledge (especially rock and metal)
- High standards and attention to detail
- Commercially focused and motivated
- Willingness to carry out own administrative tasks where necessary.
- Ability to prioritise and manage a variety of tasks or multi-faceted duties simultaneously
- Ability to build effective and collaborative working relationships, internally and externally
It’s also a plus if you have:
- International experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave, plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year and an extra day for your birthday!
- Flexible working opportunities.
- 6 months full pay for all parents regardless of gender and sexual orientation.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Private Health Insurance.
- Competitive pension scheme.
- Annual gig allowance.
- Artist showcases.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme.
- Subscription to Headspace.
- Give As You Earn Scheme .
- Excellent development opportunities.
- A fun and sociable office environment.
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
Come As You Are
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’