Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
We are hiring! We are looking for a Label Manager to join our Records team at our Sydney office!
BMG is the fastest-growing music company in Australia and is proud to be the first music company in history to make the Australian Financial Review’s Most Innovative Company’s List and the 2022 Best Place to Work List. Come and work with an incredible roster of artists including Dope Lemon, Chet Faker, Julia Stone, Peking Duk, Daniel Johns, Ladyhawke, Winston Surfshirt, Dune Rats, CHAII and Hockey Dad.
YOUR MISSION AT BMG:
Working within the dynamic BMG Australian Records team, you will oversee the scheduling and delivery of physical and digital releases and contribute to local and international sales and marketing campaigns. You will have a great attention to detail and an outstanding ability to prioritise projects to meet deadlines.
- Oversee scheduling of physical and digital releases. Key attention to collation of assets, managing release schedule, internal and external communication and meeting deadlines. Serving as key contact for internal production teams, external manufacture and distribution partners.
- Manage physical product production, ensuring assets are delivered within specification and deadlines met. Where required, check audio, collate sleeve notes, track listings, label copy, credits et al and forward to internal/external designers to lay-up in album sleeves. Oversee stock on hand, re-ordering, shipping and delivery with manufacturing and distribution partners.
- Manage digital asset collation, delivery, platform uploading, ingestion and optimization as well as storage, plus oversee metadata to ensure releases are delivered to required specifications and within deadline.
- Monitor campaign budgets with a clear understanding of project P&Ls.
- Collaborate with internal departments including operations, production, sales, marketing and finance to ensure all clients’ business needs are met.
- Continually seeking to evolve processes, structure, products and campaigns. Identify potential campaign problems and proactively resolve and engage appropriate team members.
- Collaborate on priority release campaign elements from inception through to post-release analysis and contributing on each part of the process.
- Support the sales and marketing teams with the necessary tools and assets and for pitching and selling releases with maximum impact.
- Collect and circulate active campaign updates including sales figures, promo results and other ANZ specific data to the wider team on a weekly basis
- Handle all merch shipments/gifts/mailouts to the company and clients
- A keen interest in physical music products, manufacture, trends, marketing and campaigns
- Excellent written and oral communication and attention to detail.
- Self-starter mindset, able to work under minimal direction and prioritise workload.
- A proactive, resourceful, detail-oriented multi-tasker with persistence in following up
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work under pressure of deadlines
- Manage varied projects and expectations, and maintain a sharp focus while controlling competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills, while understanding the importance of maintaining confidentiality
- Strong sense of detail, organization, and design aesthetic
Founded in 2008, BMG is the first new global player in the recordings business in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 3m songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters are attracted by its fresh approach which now includes production music, film and books as well as music publishing and recordings.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.