Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
We have an opportunity for a Junior Sync Manager to join our Sync team!
BMG Sync UK is a forward-thinking, collaborative and proactive media licensing team. Working across film, TV, advertising, games, brand partnerships and bespoke music creation. We are uniquely placed in that we look after a vast roster of frontline, catalogue masters and publishing under one team. This makes it a dynamic and exciting team to work in.
YOUR MISSION AT BMG:
As a Junior Sync Manager, you will be responsible for negotiating a wide range of sync opportunities. You’ll be supporting the team in developing significant new business opportunities in a variety of sectors and in particular in the branded / advertising / online sector, with the possibility of some International deals as well.
- Negotiate sync dealsacross various medias with particular focus on the branded sector.
- Manage Licensing for sync projects.
- Obtain consent from artist/songwriter approval parties.
- Support the team in Identifying and proposing new commercially viable business opportunities in the field of branded & online advertising.
- Build and maintain strong relationships in the UK and internationally with artist mangers, lawyers, writers, artists and external sync clients.
- Update and liaise with clients for new releases and priorities.
- Collaborate with team members to create strategies that maximise income.
- Collaborate with the front-line label on promo driven opportunities
- Managing deals and approvals for international deals
- Previous experience assisting sync or music supervision teams.
- Previous experience of handling syncs and the deal terms that are required.
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with ease, both internally within BMG and with external parties.
- Negotiation skills.
- Understanding of licensing, copyright and royalties.
- Passionate about music and interested in media landscape.
- It’s a plus if you have experience working at a major label or music publishing company and existing client relationships in this space.
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave, plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year and an extra day for your birthday!
- Flexible working opportunities
- 6 months full pay for all parents regardless of gender and sexual orientation
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Subscription to Headspace
- Give As You Earn Scheme
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment!
Founded in 2008, BMG is the first new global player in the recordings business in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 3m songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters are attracted by its fresh approach which now includes production music, film and books as well as music publishing and recordings.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.