We are looking for a (Junior) Manager (f/m/d) for our Copyright Data Services Team. You are a highly committed and proactive professional, like to work in a team and keen to be part of the world’s fastest growing music company, BMG.
You will support our international Copyright Team. This includes, amongst other
- Preparation of song data for worldwide registration at collecting societies
- Analyse large amounts of data and troubleshooting when handling different data formats and interfaces
- Processing of large amounts of data including the use of reporting tools
- Work in our internal databases and be actively involved in the development of these and our workflows
- Communication with our internal colleagues at the BMG local offices around the world
- Minimum 3 years music publishing experience at a music publisher or rights society
- You have a good knowledge of working with data, data analysis or similar
- You have successfully completed your studies in IT, Music Business or similar.
- You are experienced in dealing with MS-Office programs, especially Excel or Access
- In addition, you possess technical affinity, have a good numerical reasoning and work with attention to detail
- Fluent English skills complete your profile
Now let’s see what’s in it for you
- The unique BMG culture, empowering and driven by strong values
- A 21st century working environment, collaborative and flexible
- A commitment to help team members develop long-term careers at BMG with in-house training and the renowned Bertelsmann University
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for working for artists and songwriters
What you should know about us
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann.
Come as you are
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.