We are looking for a Junior A&R Manager & Asset Coordinator to join our team in Madrid. You are a highly committed, pro-active, communicative and reliable professional, keen to be part of a very fast-growing global music company.
Close cooperation in a team is important to you, you act flexibly and you are enthusiastic about dealing with new topics and projects.
Your main tasks are split into 2 working fields
As a Junior A&R Manager, your tasks will include
- Constantly looking for new artists and songwriters and consider them for a partnership with BMG, scouting and representing BMG at concerts, festivals and online for fresh new talents
- Supervision and organization of songwriting camps and provision and clarification of all copyright splits by our authors.
- Presentation and promotion of our songs in the form of meetings, newsletters, etc. to internal creative colleagues as well as external business partners
- Close cooperation with other departments, especially legal, finance, copyright and marketing
- Building long-term relationships with artists, management and other external partners.
As an Asset Coordinator, your tasks will include
- Obtaining all the assets required for the proper configuration of digital and physical releases
- Ensuring that deadlines for both digital and physical releases are fulfilled
- Be responsible for keeping the planning spreadsheets updated with all relevant product information: UPCs, ISRCs, links for claim, dates, ppds, etc…
- Coordinate changes to releases before and after launch
- Receive promo assets/marketing material, file/storage on necessary systems/clouds and distribute to internal/external teams.
- You have a degree in communications, business, music or related including professional experience working in the music industry, preferably in recordings or publishing
- You are a strong communicator with the ability to address and inspire different characters and personalities to build trusting relationships with colleagues and partners
- You can handle confidential information and interact comfortably and effectively with employees of our company at all levels
- You are highly organized with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities and demanding timeframes
- You have excellent Excel and Powerpoint skills
- You are fluent in Spanish and English.
Now let’s see what’s in it for you
- A fair and transparent business model and company structure
- Varied and autonomous tasks and flexible working time models in a comfortable and pleasant working atmosphere
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including training, access to Bertelsmann University and LinkedIn Learning
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music including industry veterans who always have a great and unique story to share
What you should know about us
We are a growing international music company that offers a friendly and collaborative working environment with great benefits and a leadership team who values every employee. Our mission is to be a better kind of music business. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our artists receive all payments promptly and accurately.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us. We are a division of the Bertelsmann Group which includes Penguin Random House, RTL Group, G&J and Arvato.
Are you interested?
Then send us your application and all the convincing arguments why you are the right person to get this job. We welcome applications from people who will contribute to the diversity of our company.