We are hiring!
We have an exciting opportunity for an Investments Analyst to join our Investments/ M&A department.
Your Mission at BMG.
As part of the Investments team, you will be highly involved with the deal process as the company continues to invest in music rights and business development opportunities. You will be responsible for the evaluation of investment opportunities, including signings of songwriters & artists plus catalogue & company acquisitions.
You will analyse and value UK Investments – in conjunction with Creative, Legal & Business Affairs (LBA), Financial and Income Tracking departments – to ensure the execution of deals in an efficient and effective manner.
What You’ll Be Doing.
- Valuation and execution of deals:
- Review and evaluate deal terms and structure
- Critically evaluate deals and provide valuable insights
- Perform financial valuation and discounted cash flow analysis
- Build financial models
- Create investment applications for executive management
- Assist Creative and LBA teams throughout the negotiation process
- Manage the deal process:
- Track deal flow/status
- Monitor compliance with Investment policy and continually improve processes
- Presentations for Senior Management:
- Provide analysis and PowerPoints for board presentations
- Additional strategic initiatives
- Conduct market research to gain and implement business insights
- Ad hoc projects as required
We are looking for a well-rounded team player who has technical skills and an interest in the music industry. You are the right candidate if you have the following skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with a financial or mathematical background
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Experience with financial evaluation and translation of data
- Technical understanding of and practical work experience with valuation mechanics (e.g. discounted cash flow, financial statements)
- Strong communication skills
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience with financial valuation and data analysis
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to create and diligently appraise business plans
- Ability to recognise and effectively communicate insights and practical recommendations
- Technical understanding of valuation mechanics
- Excellent organisational / communication skills to ensure the proactive management of multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Adaptability and ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to concisely deliver informative and well-organised reports & presentations
It’s a plus if you are part or recently qualified (ACA/ACCA/CFA).
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment
Founded in 2008, BMG is already the world’s fourth biggest music publisher and the first new global player in the recordings business in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 19 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 3m songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters attracted by its fresh approach which now includes production music, film and books as well as music publishing and recordings.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.
At BMG we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
We want all applicants to perform to their full potential throughout the recruitment process. To ensure you are able to perform to your full potential, we are easily able to offer reasonable adjustments. If you require support with your application or would benefit from reasonable adjustments during the recruitment processes do not hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected].
We are happy to discuss the possibility of reduced hours, remote working, flexible start and finish times, or compressed hours. We can’t always accommodate every request, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
It is really important to us that our staff are paid fairly and proportionately so as such we are proud to be an accredited London Living Wage employer.