We have an exciting opportunity for an International Product Manager (Catalogue Recordings) to join our busy Catalogue team here in our Paddington office!
Your Mission at BMG.
You will be responsible for supporting the marketing team on local product releases and International Marketing campaign roll out. You’ll be supporting international marketing teams across the world in implementing our marketing strategies, ensuring commercial and promotional opportunities are maximised.
BMG Catalogue is the fastest-growing catalogue department of any record company in the UK. With a team comprising 45 people, this is a fast-paced department with a wide remit. As part of the 10-strong Marketing Team, you would be responsible for rolling out top class Marketing campaigns outside of the repertoire owner’s market and coordinating the creation and delivery of key marketing tools to the BMG local offices for incoming and outgoing repertoire. Another key aspect of the role consists in overseeing the production of local version for International release products such as multi-format artist box sets, album reissue, branded series and digital titles.
As a Product Manager you will need to be organised and adaptable, react quickly to the demands of the role and be able to execute multiple projects simultaneously. You will be a strong communicator and able to liaise effectively with the Repertoire, Licensing, Sales and Design teams as well as with artist managers and, sometimes, directly with artists.
- Prepare all sales tools for Marketing Managers, including sales sheets, catalogues and flyers
- Collate all relevant sales information on time and be ready to present new products at monthly sales presentations.
- Help with campaigns where needed, carry out research where required.
- Store all sales assets in the relevant places for the Marketing Team.
- Brief Design and Digital teams to create and assist with the design of marketing tools.
- Advise artist management in their strategic planning with international perspective, timelines, and global schedules
- Work closely with the repertoire owner and international affiliates to ensure marketing tools are created and adapted where required to successfully develop artist brands
- Manage and execute marketing campaigns across all channels, including digital channels where applicable.
- Analyse campaign performances to maximise campaign impact and drive sales.
- Compile regular reports and schedules for line manager and team leader and submit regular updates on your artists/projects to all the markets and managers.
- Create a production deadline timetable with label manager for new releases, ensuring that local products are on-track for the agreed release date.
- Get visuals, changes and adaptations agreed and approved on a creative and practical level by artists and repertoire owner.
- Liaise with Production team to gather all manufacturing quotes and ensure correct templates are issued to designers.
- Collate sleeve notes, tracklistings, label copy, credits etc., for local translation purposes and forward to internal/external designers to lay-up local album artwork.
- Generate barcodes and cat numbers for new releases.
- Ensure New Release Schedule is kept up to date.
- Proof-read material from both internal and external designers, including album artwork.
- Proof read artwork and relay changes to designer
- Document all BMG product information, ensuring that all new releases are set up in our database systems, ‘Capture’ and ‘Release’.
- Ensure all album artwork and layered files are saved to our asset repository, ‘Store’.
- Create DSP pitch forms for key tracks.
- Manage all associated product management and marketing administration as required
- Ensure the ‘New Release Schedule’ spreadsheet is maintained, adding details of new releases when they arise
- Generate metadata forms when needed
- Generate Purchase Orders for all project associated costs
- Collate all assets for releases – varied packshots and final audio files to save onto ‘Store’
- Arrange couriers as needed and assist with mail outs where needed.
- Disciplined and organised – excellent time management skills
- Desire and ability to drive projects – from inception to completion
- Flexible and capable of juggling responsibilities
- Comfortable working under pressure and with a fast moving and rapidly developing roster for multiple campaigns & clients simultaneously.
- The drive to take initiatives, work independently and also be collaborative, positive and flexible.
- The ability to take personal accountability for achieving individual and shared goals.
- A team player
- Highly motivated
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Creative and solution orientated
- Knowledge of the current key International markets’ specificities
- Passion for music
- Experience in Music Industry Marketing
- Experience in booking digital advertising.
- Experience of in-house IT applications (including budgeting & invoice approval systems, sales information systems etc.)
- Analytical skills
- Knowledge of Catalogue Music
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Subscription to Headspace
- Give As You Earn Scheme
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment (Currently virtual!)
- Flexible working opportunities
Founded in 2008, BMG is already the world’s fourth biggest music publisher and the first new global player in the recordings business in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 19 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 3m songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters attracted by its fresh approach which now includes production music, film and books as well as music publishing and recordings.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.
BMG are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
We want all applicants to perform to their full potential throughout the recruitment process. To ensure you are able to perform to your full potential, we are easily able to offer reasonable adjustments. If you require support with your application or would benefit from reasonable adjustments during the recruitment processes do not hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected].
We are happy to discuss the possibility of reduced hours, remote working, flexible start and finish times, or compressed hours. We can’t always accommodate every request, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
It is really important to us that our staff are paid fairly and proportionately so as such we are proud to be an accredited London Living Wage employer.